Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

sequential print problems

Posted by mikefiatx19 
sequential print problems
September 07, 2013 04:10AM
Hi,
I have a problem with the sequential print setting in Slic3r on my Reprap prusa. Everything slic3s fine and the first part builds great, then when shifting to the second part to be built the motors start to grind and the head does not drop back down to the bed. Then the second build starts in mid air. It seems like the two Z motors are both fighting each other or one is driving alone instead of both of them.
The head moves normally up and down when not in sequential mode.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Mike
Re: sequential print problems
September 21, 2013 07:18AM
Hi Mike , All,

I made the same expreience with an earlier Version .. found no solution othe than maually edit the gcode to move Z down after each part ... also the clearance parametes should have an switch to turn them off
but in 9.10b it does not work at all - I simly ignores the switch or individual parts and slices all for each Layer sad smiley

any ideas or is it a bug ?

Thanks
regards
Gerhard
September 22, 2013 10:35AM
Hi All,
Problem solved. The software was trying to move the Z axis too quickly and causing the motors to grind. For some reason this only happened during a build and did not occur during the home function so it was hard to spot. I set the max speed of the Z axis a bit lower and then it was fine. Now sequential print works OK.
Thanks
Mike
May 18, 2014 07:35PM
I'm using the "complete individual objects" in version 1.0.1 slic3r and I can not make it work.
Is there any feature to run the "complete individual objects"?
I'm really in need of this option

Configration: slic3r.ini
Exemple: composition.gcode
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login