Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r error

Posted by virgodave61 
Slic3r error
June 05, 2013 03:28PM
I had walked away from my printer for a few months and when I came back everything would work, but when I hit print nothing would happen so I downloaded the new pronterface software now I get the following error.

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './profiles//slic3r.ini'

I searched my system and this file def. doesnt exsist anywhere on my system anyone know how to correct this?
Thanks
Re: Slic3r error
June 06, 2013 03:38PM
I am having the exact same issue....

Matt
June 06, 2013 03:59PM
Have you checked in pronterface that the slic3r paths are correct?
June 06, 2013 04:46PM
I figured out why I received that error found a link on the net, they say you have to install slic3r, run it and export the .ini file to create the profile. I found slic3r wasnt installed correctly, so I followed the following directions.

[github.com]

When I try to launch slic3r,
./slic3r.pl
I get the following error
Can't locate Boost/Geometry/Utils.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/dave/Slic3r/lib /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /home/dave/Slic3r/lib/Slic3r.pm line 32.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/dave/Slic3r/lib/Slic3r.pm line 32.
Compilation failed in require at ./slic3r.pl line 13.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./slic3r.pl line 13.

So I tried reinstalling the Boost/Geometry/Utils and get a message saying everything is installed.

Any ideas and by the way thanks for the help
June 06, 2013 05:11PM
What does @INC mean? Can't I just paste a copy of Utils.pm there? Dont understand the path or what @INC represents.
I have several Utils.pm files of varying sizes, if I did copy one which one would I use?
June 06, 2013 05:27PM
Ok I found a page that says to:
Grab the cpan modules required for slic3r, and test it to be sure it loads up properly, and enter:
sudo cpanm Boost::Geometry::Utils Math::Clipper \
Math::ConvexHull Math::ConvexHull::MonotoneChain \
Math::Geometry::Voronoi Math:tongue sticking out smileylanePath Moo Wx
./slic3r.pl
When I do I get:
--> Working on Boost::Geometry::Utils
Fetching [www.cpan.org] ... OK
Configuring Boost-Geometry-Utils-0.13 ... OK
==> Found dependencies: ExtUtils::Typemaps:grinning smileyefault
--> Working on ExtUtils::Typemaps:grinning smileyefault
Configuring ExtUtils-Typemaps-Default-1.03 ... OK
==> Found dependencies: ExtUtils::Typemaps
Found ExtUtils::Typemaps 3.18 which doesn't satisfy 3.18_03.
! Installing the dependencies failed: Installed version (3.18) of ExtUtils::Typemaps is not in range '3.18_03'
! Bailing out the installation for ExtUtils-Typemaps-Default-1.03. Retry with --prompt or --force.
! Installing the dependencies failed: Module 'ExtUtils::Typemaps:grinning smileyefault' is not installed
! Bailing out the installation for Boost-Geometry-Utils-0.13. Retry with --prompt or --force.
--> Working on Math::Clipper
Configuring Math-Clipper-1.22 ... OK
==> Found dependencies: ExtUtils::Typemaps:grinning smileyefault
! Installing the dependencies failed: Module 'ExtUtils::Typemaps:grinning smileyefault' is not installed
! Bailing out the installation for Math-Clipper-1.22. Retry with --prompt or --force.
Math::ConvexHull is up to date. (1.04)
Math::ConvexHull::MonotoneChain is up to date. (0.01)
Math::Geometry::Voronoi is up to date. (1.3)
Math:tongue sticking out smileylanePath is up to date. (104)
Moo is up to date. (1.002000)
Wx is up to date. (0.9922)

Perhaps Im on a wild goose chase but been trying to get this going for many days and my noob status is frustrating me, just wish I could be like everone else on here and sit around printing cool things!
June 06, 2013 05:42PM
I regards to the question/comment on the slicer path when I go to slicer settings I get the error again:
Entering slicer settings: ./Slic3r/bin/slic3r --datadir ./profiles/
Skeinforge execution failed: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I looked in my Slic3r directory and there isn't even a bin directory there, perhaps I need to try downloading the slicer again
June 06, 2013 06:37PM
Update went to:
[dl.slic3r.org]
And downloaded the tar, when I unpacked it the bin directory was there but not the profile file, but like I said earlier they say you need to create the file when you start slic3r, but all the other files in the main directory weren’t there so I copied them over from the old directory, it could be the bin directory isnt created normally until you create the profile, but anyway I still get the same error when I try to run slic:
Can't locate Slic3r.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/dave/Slic3r/lib /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at ./slic3r.pl line 13.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./slic3r.pl line 13.
June 06, 2013 07:08PM
FWIW:

@INC is the list of include paths that your perl install searches for libraries.

So in the last msg, it checked for the libraries in the following directories:

/home/dave/Slic3r/lib
/etc/perl
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2
/usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2
/usr/lib/perl5
/usr/share/perl5
/usr/lib/perl/5.14
/usr/share/perl/5.14
/usr/local/lib/site_perl

Note: The last directory it checked is ".", which is the CURRENT directory the process is in (ie: may not necessarily be the dir you're in when you run slic3r, but it usually is).

If you've installed the library, I'd find out if the library has either installed itself in one of those directories, or if it's created a symbolic link in one of those directories that points to the real install.

Hope this explains things/helps.
June 06, 2013 07:21PM
How do I do that? Plus when I search my computer for Slic3r.pm, it doesn’t exist anywhere, so even if the include path was correct its not gona find a file that doesn't exist? ITs looking for a file that isnt anywhere!
Thank you very much for taking the time to help me!
Re: Slic3r error[Solved]
June 08, 2013 10:00PM
OMG yes it works!
For those with the same problem, delete all files and folders, or rename containing slic3r.
Then follow source download instructions here:
[slic3r.org]
ignore the part underneath that talks about installing other crap first. Just do the top four lines and it works, installs everything checks everything.
When your finished you can enter slic3r with ./slic3r.pl and it will work!
Havent set pronterface up yet, but it works standalone, so should be no problem.
Re: Slic3r error[Solved]
June 08, 2013 11:05PM
Still cant get it to work in pronterface
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login