Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r 0.8.1

Posted by Sound 
Slic3r 0.8.1
May 29, 2012 10:39AM
Hi all,

Slic3r 0.8.1 is out with a great amount of new features, including a graphical interface for plating multiple objects, better surface quality, sequential printing, OBJ import, starting point randomization, huge memory savings and much more.

Read the full announcement at [slic3r.org]

I'm sorry I'm only roughly reading this forum; the amount of reports and e-mail is a bit overwhelming but I try to pay attention to all of your input. Thanks to users, like Sublime and others, that act as bridges between the forum and the Github tracker or the IRC channel.

Enjoy!
Re: Slic3r 0.8.1
May 29, 2012 11:25AM
You need to fix the file permissions for the Windows version. All I get is:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /win/slic3r-mswin-x86-0-8-2.zip on this server.

EDIT: It's working now. :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2012 01:07PM by stephenrc.
Elk
May 29, 2012 05:00PM
Thank you for all your great work! I really enjoy printing since I use your software! It has been helping me in printing many beautiful creations much better than I ever expected before!

Keep your good work up!!!
May 30, 2012 10:41AM
I have already printed a ton on the new version and changed the "new" new version this morning. All i can say is i love it. I really like the new feateures and they work flawlessly so far. Great work.
May 30, 2012 03:28PM
Wow this version is amazing! - It slices everything that failed before and it's really fast.

I just timed a really complex object slice - Slic3r did it in 4 mins 23 seconds, Skeinforge was just over 48mins (and Skeinforge was doing 0.3mm layers, Slic3r did it at 0.2mm layers!) - Awesome.

The only thing I'm still not getting much success with is the support material, it's seems to have issues with very organic objects, and is not adding support where it needs to be, is there any control over how the support is done?
But I don't use support very often so it's not a big deal.

Fantastic release, I'm forever grateful for this wonderful piece of software.

Cheers,

Rich.

[richrap.blogspot.com]
May 31, 2012 03:23AM
I love it.

(the GUI now make slic3r even more closer to professional software like Catalyst for Stratasys ^^)

ps : drag and drop is just so cool

about // liberapay // flickr // wiki // thingiverse - github
May 31, 2012 04:26PM
Just getting a few odd things happening with 0.8.1 release - when I change just the nozzle size (not the layer height) it exports the Gcode with different numbers of layers, and quite a big difference many hundreds of layers different on a 5000 layer object?

Also nozzle size and extrusion multiplier seem to be having a much less effect than in version 0.7.X

Very odd, I'll carry on investigating.

[richrap.blogspot.com]
June 05, 2012 07:48PM
i gotta give you credit this is a slick program.

when you get to 1.0 u hope there is a easy way to make a proper windows installer.

i like what you did with thew new layout, it works well.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
June 06, 2012 01:27PM
@richrap, yes, support material really needs to get decent -- and currently it's not smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login