Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pre-heating. . .

Posted by MrBlack 
Pre-heating. . .
May 16, 2012 07:55PM
To all fellow printers,

I'm trying to get Slic3r to run correctly for me to use with my Mendel, and I'm somewhat irritated that it uses that 30 seconds of waiting for the heat to be correct, even though I manually pre-heat through Pronterface.

Is there a good way to get rid of the pre-heating timer in the settings, or what would you recommend to get rid of it?

Thanks, in advance.

Sincerely,
RR
Re: Pre-heating. . .
May 16, 2012 08:23PM
That is a setting in your firmware not slic3r, but you can set the temp in slic3r to 0 and it will leave out the M109's that cause it to wait.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
May 16, 2012 09:45PM
If a delete the M109 at the beginning of my Gcodes, is that enough to stop it from waiting, even if I keep a set temp in slic3r settings?
May 17, 2012 03:23AM
MrBlack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If a delete the M109 at the beginning of my
> Gcodes, is that enough to stop it from waiting,
> even if I keep a set temp in slic3r settings?

You would have to delete the M109 and the S number after it but that is the same as turning off the temp in slic3r.

If you want to set the temp automatically and not have it wait you should look in your firmware config for #define TEMP_RESIDENCY_TIME 15 // (seconds) and lower it.

Or

Set the temp to 0 in slic3r and then add M104 S190 (or what ever temp you want) in the start gcode (M104 is set temp but do not wait)

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login