Advanced

Trouble with the scaling size

Posted by lutjanus 
Trouble with the scaling size
May 13, 2012 11:32AM
Hi Folks,
I've got a problem with the scale. When I'm trying to slice a test file
like this one: [www.mendel-parts.com]
which size should be 100mm x 100mm my slic3r (V0.7.2) always displays different sizes. Like this...

the print goes from 34.210000 mm to 145.780000 mm in X
and is 111.570000 mm wide

the print goes from 34.190000 mm to 145.800000 mm in Y
and is 111.610000 mm wide

the print goes from 0.250000 mm to 30.000000 mm in Z
and is 29.750000 mm high

What's wrong with the settings?
Re: Trouble with the scaling size
May 13, 2012 01:52PM
May 13, 2012 05:07PM
Sublime Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You are seeing the dimensions of the skirt around
> the first layer.

OK, that would make sense. I actually haven't finished my printer yet, but I'm already trying to draw some things.
But the skirt around the first layer shouldn't be that high as stated? If the Z axis value is including the skirt and the item to be printed it should be higher than 30mm (which is the height of the test item).

Do you know if it's possible to check if the dimensions in the generated gcode are correct? Probably only with another program.?!

Thanks a lot!
Lutjanus
May 13, 2012 05:18PM
Sorry what I meant was the incorrect dimensions are a result of the skirt around the object the Z height is the actual height of the part. It looks for the largest and smallest numbers on all axis in the gcode file and reports them to you.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
May 14, 2012 05:24AM
The difference in the smallest and largest Z numbers will be one layer height smaller than the part it prints. That may be up to half a layer different from the size of the object in the STL file as it gets quantised to layers.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
May 20, 2012 12:25PM
I now get the correct values displayed, after removing / disabling the skirt layer. Th height is OK, x and y values also almost same as model data. I used skeinforge for slicing, with slicer I only got non-correct data (some last layers missing).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login