Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r GCODE - No Z axis movement and temperature problems.

Posted by RepRapRaj83 
Slic3r GCODE - No Z axis movement and temperature problems.
February 19, 2012 12:40PM
Hi to all on the forum,

I'm looking to upgrade my gcode generator from SF41 to Slic3r 6 but have been having problems with the code generated by Slic3r.

When uploading the file produced by Slic3r into Repsnapper the temperature remains consistent at 195C however after a few minutes of printing, the heat no longer remains on and extrusion stops - thumbs down.

The next problem I have is that whilst heating appears to be contorolled, no Z axis movement occurs so after a while i end up with a big squished blob on my printbed - thumbs down.

I have checked connections on my axis and all is well - it homes and can be controlled through Repsnapper. In order to check if this was a problem with the firmware I uploaded an old SF41 generated gcode file and both the temperature and z axis behaved as they should so all things point to something in the Slic3r gcode and not the mechanics/firmware.

I have attached example gcode for the working SF41 and troublesome Slic3r code. If there is something i'm overlooking, please let me know.

Regards

Raj
Attachments:
open | download - SF41gcodexample.txt (95.6 KB)
open | download - Slic3rgcodeexample.txt (45.2 KB)
Re: Slic3r GCODE - No Z axis movement and temperature problems.
February 19, 2012 01:51PM
Use Pronterface, not Repsnapper.
February 19, 2012 03:50PM
Hi Sound,

is slic3r gcode not compatible with repsnapper? I am planning to move to pronterface but wanted to phase the changeover just so I would know the cause of any problems.

Thanks,

Raj
February 19, 2012 04:11PM
I can't actually say about Repsnapper, but all the Slic3r users I know use Pronterface or ReplicatorG or other host software, so I can't really give advice about Repsnapper. You also didn't say what firmware are you using, but I strongly recommend either Sprinter or Marlin.
February 19, 2012 04:30PM
Hi Sound,

Firmware is FiveD and electronics are gen3. I'm not sure if either of the firmwares you mentioned can run on the electronics I have.

Thanks

Raj
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login