Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

gcode from Slic3r not printable

Posted by whitewolf 
gcode from Slic3r not printable
February 04, 2012 12:09PM
Hi all,

I'm new in this forum and read a lot in the last weeks.
I have an Orca V3 and also did the first few test prints. So far so good.
Initially I used pronterface and skeinforge but it took ages to get the gcode from skeinforge. So I moved to Slic3r 0.6.0 which is awesome fast.
Unfortunately I can not print a lot of objects. Some are working fine but most of time I get an serial error when I start printing in pronterface.

-----------
Marlin 0.9.10 B
start
Printer is now online
Serial Error: Line Number is not Last Line Number+1, Last Line:0
Resend:1
---------

This error is then repeting until I interrupt the print.

My last try was with this testobject >> nickel
I also sent the stl to netfabb for fixing and then sliced again. Same result.
When I slice the same object with Skeinforge or SFACT there is no problem.
As those objects I could print from slic3r looks rellay good and I would really like to use it.
Hope someone can assist in fixing this issue. Probably it's just a stupid beginner thing.

Many thanks

whitewolf

======================================
| Orca V3 | Gen6 | V9 hotend .35mm | 1.75mm PLA |
======================================
Re: gcode from Slic3r not printable
February 04, 2012 08:01PM
Post up the first 10 or so lines of the gcode you are getting from slic3r.
February 05, 2012 05:23AM
It's a serial error, not Slic3r's fault.

You should update to the latest Marlin (v1).
February 05, 2012 06:24PM
Sound is right, you need to move to a newer Marlin. That said, I had this problem myself and found the culprit to be the comments. Turning off or deleting the inline comments should make those files work. That said, the newer Marlin is better. smiling smiley
February 06, 2012 03:55AM
Pronterface strips comments before sending commands to the printer. Also, recent Slic3r versions have comments disabled by default to help people who print from SD cards.
And yes, as Pointedstick says, the newer Marlin is way better. smiling smiley
February 06, 2012 12:44PM
Many thanks for all answers.

Just uploaded Marlin V.1. Now the Z axis is not longer working.
But this is a different story and has also noting to do with slic3r.

cheers

whitewolf
arx
March 14, 2012 11:12AM
Hello to everyone,

I've noticed a strange behavior. My prints generated in Slic3r (0.6.0 and 0.7.1) could not be finished in the newest Marlin’s release.

The problem appears at the end of printing where there is a small amount of piece to be infilled. This has not ever happened in older Marlin.

Any guess what is wrong ?

I have tried with different baud rates, and made some prints from SD card, but always the same. My printer is a Prusa one.

Regards
Arek
Whitewolf you are 100% correct, it's a Gcode problem, I know I know serial error must be a problem with comm on the usb, it's not. I have printed well over 100 items and their are a few things from thingiverse that simply give that exact error. I try the print 2-3 times and it fails it the exact same spot every time, no way thats a ramdom serial comm error. Not very common but I have seen that error on 2 or 3 things. I have printed several items that take 10 hours no problem. But no way does a random comm error happen and the exact same spot on a print 3 times in a row. Anyway thats what I have seen.
March 14, 2012 01:59PM
I am using the newest Marlin and Slicer 0.7.1 and everything finishes. I have sliced and printed an entire machine with it. It must be something either with the model or your electronics

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
arx
March 14, 2012 02:59PM
Thanks.

I sill don't know what's going on. Model seems to be ok, all gcode paths seems to be right.
What can be wrong with electronics ?

I am using RAMPS 1.4 with Stepstick motor controllers. I've noticed, that at the end of job printer gets stucked for a while, and then x axis heads home.
March 14, 2012 03:07PM
Can you provide a video of this happening?

Do you have arcs enabled?

The only thing I can think of with the electronics that could be bad are the serial communications.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login