Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Objects that Slic3 incorrectly

Posted by BradM 
Objects that Slic3 incorrectly
January 19, 2012 12:16PM
This ooze testing object is a fairly simple test case (perhaps the single wall problem?).

The resulting gcode skips the middle of the object entirely and tries to print in air in 0.6.0-beta from github

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2012 12:17PM by BradM.
Re: Objects that Slic3 incorrectly
January 21, 2012 01:44PM
I have found that the pirateship on thingiverse will not slice. It does the first 20 layers or so and then skips most of the ship and raises the Z axis up real high to print the top in mid air.

[www.thingiverse.com]
January 21, 2012 02:15PM
Please only report files after having processed them through Netfabb or Meshlab or [cloud.netfabb.com]

Also, screenshots really help.
January 21, 2012 06:29PM
This Idler seems "un-slicable" to me:
(I've tried fixing with netfabb)

[www.thingiverse.com]

Slic3r Output:

SF43 Output:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2012 11:34PM by vinmicgra.
fma
January 22, 2012 05:23AM
Which app. do you use to see the gcode like that? This is nice!

Frédéric
January 22, 2012 01:03PM
It's nophead's repetier host.

vincent
January 22, 2012 01:51PM
Not mine, repetier's.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
fma
January 22, 2012 03:26PM
Thanks!

Frédéric
January 23, 2012 01:25PM
Sound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please only report files after having processed
> them through Netfabb or Meshlab or
> [cloud.netfabb.com]

hi Sound,
the netfabb thing finally did it ;-)
struggled to get a wade extruder body from openscad stl export through slic3r. on meshlab i didnt succeed to
find the appropriate filters combination, also the GUI tends to crash on my machine atm. clean/repair also works on the free netfabb studio basic.
what are they doing different ?

is there any recommended sequence for meshlab ? also just discovered 'meshlabserver' which
can just run filter scripts with no GUI. maybe we should make a script ...

grtx
January 25, 2012 02:38AM
Hmm, I've printed dozens of that idler with no problems using Slic3r.
February 16, 2012 12:22PM
@ Vinmicgra

I sliced and printed a very similar idler (the only difference was that it had the little guide for the filament going into the extruder body) with slic3r 0.57 and actually printed out the two little arches that you have visualized there (the output code looked perfectly fine in the pronterface window). I have only recently completed my prusa and wasn't sure where the problem was, so I imported the STL (I believe it was the whole one that has the body and idler to print together) to blender, separated the objects, deleted the body, made sure it was at z=0, re-saved, sliced, etc, and it printed no problem. It was a bit of a hassle, but worked, nonetheless.

I have encountered other issues trying to print Emmet's screweless heart gears (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:12208) and the super awesome mustache ring (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5123). It doesn't like to slice the required circles properly (I either wind up with what looks like a capital D with a tail on it, or two parabolic arcs superimposed onto one another), but I'm not sure that it relates to the idler printing weird. Either way, I'm pretty sure my other issue is known (I've read several posts about spirals or other artifacts where circles should be), so I will either try to work with skeinforge or check them out with the netfabb app.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login