Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MaxTemp Error on Geeetech i3

Posted by freddy3d 
MaxTemp Error on Geeetech i3
April 12, 2018 03:52PM
I recently purchased a Geeetech i3 printer on Amazon and have been having trouble getting it to operate due to a MaxTemp error.

When I turn on the printer - or plug it into my computer - the fans turn on but the extruder will not heat up due to the MaxTemp error.

I have purchased a replacement thermistor with the same result.

There was once that it did heat while I was doing tests and fixes on the z-axis movement, but both before and after that it regularly (always) triggers the error immediately.

Are there settings I can change to attempt to fix? Or is it a problem with the motherboard?

Thanks

-Fred
Re: MaxTemp Error on Geeetech i3
April 16, 2018 02:04AM
You can check your thermistor with ohm meter. Should be around 100 kOhm.
Also you can swap connection with heated bed thermistor, if you have that, to see if it will differ.

Prusa i3 Reworked, Delivered March 28 2014, RAMPS 1.4
Göteborg, Sweden
April 16, 2018 02:34AM
Max-temp error indicates, there is a shortcut in the thermistor wires or on the controller. Since you replaced the thermistor already, I suspect the board is faulty.
April 18, 2018 10:21PM
Thanks for your responses - I think it may have been that the screw holding the thermistor into the extruder block was too tight. Or my prayers have been answered and I restarted the printer after putting in the original thermistor with the screw not so tight - it is working. I have other issues, but thanks for help in this!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login