Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder clicking noise.

Posted by rich1812 
Extruder clicking noise.
January 23, 2018 09:59AM
I found out why the extruder making the click click noise. It is at the entry point of the filament to the hotted barrel, the filament is not able to enter the talon tube in the barrel, so it got stuck, it missed by 0.2 mm or so. Is the Teflon absolute necessary?
Re: Extruder clicking noise.
January 23, 2018 11:37AM
When I assembly the extruder assembly I make sure I have a piece of filament, and insert it into the mechanism through the throat PTFE tubing then do my tighten.
Other wise I can not get the filament to feed through all the extruder gears and tubes to the nozzle, without the filament getting stuck somewhere in between.
January 24, 2018 09:31AM
My extruder clicks when temp. too low.

Try raise printing temperature by 10-20°.

Laser: 50w Co2 SH-G350
Drucker: bq Prusa i3 Hephestos - Print Bed Expansion Kit - Igus RJZM-02-08 - TMC2100 - Alu-DDP + Silikonheizmatte 300w (300 x 200mm) - Netzteil Dell DA-2
January 24, 2018 11:44AM
rich1812
I found out why the extruder making the click click noise. It is at the entry point of the filament to the hotted barrel, the filament is not able to enter the talon tube in the barrel, so it got stuck, it missed by 0.2 mm or so. Is the Teflon absolute necessary?

I had to read this a few times to see what you were after, I am going to assume a few things tho.
You likely have an E3d V6 clone hotend setup for low temp 1.75 filament. - If I am wrong please tell us what your using.

These can be setup several ways but if your 'throat' is designed to have a ptfe tube it is absolutely needed. if you take it out the molten filament will fill up that area and you will have a jam that will be very hard to clear....

You can get an all metal 'throat' as well. NOTE: some languages translate the part to 'throat' while in English most call the same part the 'heat brake'
have a look at the pics here:
hotend pics

I find cutting my filament at a 45 degree angle before feeding it makes it enter the hotend better. You may want to replace your hotend with a better setup that feeds more freely. It took me a fair bit to get my hotend setup so that it would load the filament smoothly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2018 11:45AM by JustSumGuy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login