Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HELP: First layer skirt bubbles up on the inside edge.

Posted by Jack.Ironside 
HELP: First layer skirt bubbles up on the inside edge.
December 30, 2017 05:51PM
I've been running into the issue which seems very odd to me. On the outside of skirt it prints well, sticks to the bed, and is smooth. My issue is, is that the once you get to the inner layers, and perimeter on some points it lifts up; this can be seen in the photos attached. Could this be the fan, or some form of shrinkage? Honestly I have no idea, and I've tried almost everything. The print settings I am using is a print head temp of 190, a bed temp of 60, and a slower initial speed on the first layer. I don't have a working fan for the print head as of yet, but will try to print one once this problem is solved. The filament I am using is a white PLA from Creatron which can be found at this link: (https://www.creatroninc.com/product/175mm-pla-filament-white/?search_query=filament&results=10). Thanks for any guidance you can provide I'm relatively new to this.

Cheers,
Jack Ironside
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_4514 copy.jpg (526.8 KB)
open | download - IMG_4513 copy.jpg (543.7 KB)
Re: HELP: First layer skirt bubbles up on the inside edge.
December 30, 2017 06:03PM
I have been printing PLA at 192-202C nozzle temp and have printed on a Vinyl transfer paper (this is similar to blue tape) and because the PLA stick so well to the tape have a bed temp 0-56C.
Have tried to print without a parts fan but models have never came out very well.

It is hard to tell by your images on what to suggest for you to get better adhesion, could you post a close up of the stuck and lifted edges to better see what could be the problem..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2017 06:04PM by Roberts_Clif.
December 30, 2017 06:13PM
Hopefully these are a little better, it sticks we'll for the first half of the brim, but after that it lifts up. you can see how on the inside perimeter lifts up rather then being stuck to the build plate.

Thanks,
Jack
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_4523.JPG (73.1 KB)
open | download - IMG_4524.JPG (80.3 KB)
open | download - IMG_4525.JPG (86 KB)
December 30, 2017 06:27PM
Are you using anything on the bed surface to help model to have better adhesion.
December 31, 2017 04:22AM
Yes I am using hairspray, as suggested by my uncle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2017 04:23AM by Jack.Ironside.
December 31, 2017 12:28PM
I use purple glue stick with PLA and it holds great!
January 01, 2018 02:56AM
The reason is overextrusion from wrong layer-width setting. You can adjust the 1st. layer separately. Default in slic3r is 200%. I reduced it to 180% or even 100% on some of my printers to make it stick.
January 01, 2018 11:16AM
o_lampe
The reason is overextrusion from wrong layer-width setting. You can adjust the 1st. layer separately. Default in slic3r is 200%. I reduced it to 180% or even 100% on some of my printers to make it stick.

i agree with o_lamp here, i had exactly the same problem in my early days of printing, tell tale sign is you can see the nozzle rubbing against the previous perimeters as it prints
January 01, 2018 05:56PM
Thanks I'll try that.
January 01, 2018 05:57PM
And thanks O_lampe ill change the slicer settings and try again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login