Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa Mk2s with duet wifi and differential ir sensor - triggering too early it seems

Posted by noob30 
Prusa Mk2s with duet wifi and differential ir sensor - triggering too early it seems
December 29, 2017 03:08PM
Hi

I used this thingy (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1576084) to mount the sensor on the fan for the v6 hotend (the tiny one on the side)
I followed david's instructions on his blog to the best of my ability but when it came to doing the probing using S1, it didn't seem to be within the range of 0.5 to 2.5mm.
Instead the reading I got within a message box that pops up within the web interface was 4.17mm!!

When I tried printing with it anyway needless to say the filament wasn't being pressed onto the bed but printed at a height.

I do have a pei surface but on the prusa mk2s the heated bed are as black as black can be.

Any ideas?
Re: Prusa Mk2s with duet wifi and differential ir sensor - triggering too early it seems
December 31, 2017 01:30PM
A trigger height of 4.17mm isn't impossible. You need to copy the measured value into the Z parameter in the G321 command in config.g.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login