Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printjob starts before hotend heats up

Posted by AVS 
AVS
Printjob starts before hotend heats up
November 05, 2017 07:58AM
Hello guys,

Ive searched every corner of the internet for a solution to the following problem.
It's like the title of this topic already reveales...Sometimes if i start a printjob the bed gets heated up properly and after the reached temperature the printer starts printing immidiately while the hotend is not heating up.
It does this sometimes a few times in a row and after several tries the hotend suddenly heats up after bed reached destination temp.
Sometimes when i start a printjob it does its normal this, so bed gets heated first and then the hotend and after hotend reaches dest temp the job starts.

Ive looked at the commands the printer receives from the host and it gets the M140 "heat bed - dont wait" first after that the M190 "Wait for bed temp" and after that it receives the following lines: M104 "Heat extruder"and M109 "Wait for extruder temp"

Those lines are correct and receivged in the correcht order

But i'm puzzled why the printer skips M104 and M109 alltogheter and start printing as if the hotend was done heating.

And most weird is that sometimes it dont fail....bed gets heated, hotend gets heated and just then the printjob starts...

Im using a prusa I3 like printer with an Ultratronics Pro board running MarlinKimbra for Due firmware. Heatbed is an Prusa MK2 and hotend is an E3D V6 allmetal

I have never issues heating the hotend or heatbed. when manually turned on the hotend or heatbed always heates up nice and no problems whatsoever.

Its just that it looks like command M104 and/or M109 are never executed and so the firmware thinks the hotend is ready or so i guess.
I was printing alot with Simplify3D as the host and then it occured about 30% of the printjobs started. Now i turned to Repetier Server as a host on a Raspberry Pi 3 and it looks like i get this problem now about 60% of the started printjobs.......and still the M104 and M109 are sended to the printer.

Anyone who has some ideas about this issue ?

I've added a video of it
hotend not heating

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2017 08:29AM by AVS.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login