Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Entirely disable motor end-stops

Posted by dindibo4 
Entirely disable motor end-stops
August 20, 2017 07:09PM
Hey there, I'm having an issue with my printer Prusa I3 Mk 1, when I move the X axis it can move forward but when I'm trying to move it back it doesn't.
My software, repetier-host says at the logs "ECHO: endstops hit: X*number*". The weird part is that none of the end-stops are connected, they're all disconnected and somehow I get this message and because of that it can only move X+ and not X-.
So all I wanna do is to Completely disable the end-stop emergency stop algorithm, maybe through the Arduino file of the printer or through the RAMPS board I don't really sure.
Does somebody know how to disable the End-Stop function through the Arduino (the .ino file)?
If you do, Please tell me below.
Re: Entirely disable motor end-stops
August 21, 2017 06:46AM
In the most common configuration when a endstop is triggered it goes open circuit, when an endstop is disconnected it goes open circuit, ... see the issue?

It can't tell if its triggered or disconnected.

You cant disabled it, but you can trick it so then when its open its not triggered
eg In marlin find
// Mechanical endstop with COM to ground and NC to Signal uses "false" here (most common setup).
#define X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.

change any that are triggered to the reverse of what it is now (true becomes false,and false becomes true)

Or if you can simply use a jumper and short the S and - pins of the endstop.
DO NOT short the - and+ pins, you will instantly kill the voltage regulator (you have been warned!)

If its a ramps I direct you to the folloing Image where the S - and + pins of the endstop pins are clearly labelled (click image a few tome to zoom in)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2017 06:50AM by Dust.
August 21, 2017 07:53AM
When i built my sintron prussa I3 it came with NO endstop switches so i needed to change the above to 'true'. maybe you need do the same ?
August 21, 2017 02:35PM
Dust
In the most common configuration when a endstop is triggered it goes open circuit, when an endstop is disconnected it goes open circuit, ... see the issue?

It can't tell if its triggered or disconnected.

You cant disabled it, but you can trick it so then when its open its not triggered
eg In marlin find
// Mechanical endstop with COM to ground and NC to Signal uses "false" here (most common setup).
#define X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.

change any that are triggered to the reverse of what it is now (true becomes false,and false becomes true)

Or if you can simply use a jumper and short the S and - pins of the endstop.
DO NOT short the - and+ pins, you will instantly kill the voltage regulator (you have been warned!)

If its a ramps I direct you to the folloing Image where the S - and + pins of the endstop pins are clearly labelled (click image a few tome to zoom in)

Thank you very much, I have managed to fix this problem using the first method you've explained, throught the firmware.
The printer is working great, thanks for your respond!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login