Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

??? X mirrored

Posted by Averybot 
??? X mirrored
August 16, 2017 04:43PM
Hello,
This is really making me confused, and I still can't figure out why my printer is doing this.
It's a cartesian-style printer (modified Solidoodle Press) and it homes with X-max, Y-min, and Z-max. If I'm not mistaken, if the printhead is in the back left corner, it's at X0 Y0, right? That's currently how I have it set up.
When it homes, the Y goes to the back (min), X goes to the right (max), and Z goes down (max). But for some odd reason, my prints are still coming out with the X mirrored. In Cura, I have a SmartController case with the button and encoder cutout to the left, but when printing, the cutouts are to the right, and making the print useless. I've attached a few pics via Google Photos.

Thanks for all of your help!
- Avery
Photos link: photos
Re: ??? X mirrored
August 16, 2017 06:28PM
The printer's origin has to be at the left-front or right-rear corner in order to conform to the right hand rule coordinate space used by CAD and slicing software. There is no explicit statement in the firmware declaring which of the two corners you intend to use. The printer's origin is implied by the location of the limit switches and whether you have said that the axes home to minimum or maximum. If you set the origin to be in the right-front or left-rear corner, your prints will be mirrored.

I have posted a somewhat detailed explanation here.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Re: ??? X mirrored
August 16, 2017 06:40PM
the_digital_dentist
The printer's origin has to be at the left-front or right-rear corner in order to conform to the right hand rule coordinate space used by CAD and slicing software. There is no explicit statement in the firmware declaring which of the two corners you intend to use. The printer's origin is implied by the location of the limit switches and whether you have said that the axes home to minimum or maximum. If you set the origin to be in the right-front or left-rear corner, your prints will be mirrored.

I have posted a somewhat detailed explanation here.
Ok. This clears up A LOT for me. Thank you very much! Your blog post that you linked helped me out a lot.

Thanks again!
- Avery
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login