Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Outer shell has imperfections, What could be the cause?

Posted by MegaRocketPenguin 
Outer shell has imperfections, What could be the cause?
August 05, 2017 02:11PM
I have a FolgerTech Prusa i3 with stock Extuder/hotend, only "modification" that I've done to it is add a active part cooling fan.
I purchased it a few years ago when the 3D printer hype was high, and enjoyed using it. Made many great prints.
Then I went abroad, didn't use it for about a year.
I have a project in mind, and so I began using it again, with a new spool of PLA, fresh from FoxSmart.
However, I am getting a lot of surface defects, and I don't know what the problem could be.

I've tried speeding the print up, slowing it down (Was running at 80mm/s, 70mm/s for outer shell, and then went down to 60 and 50 respectively), turning up the temp, turning it down, with no avail.
Anyone have any clue as of what it could be? I'll be trying a different (new) spool sometime soon, to see if I have a bad spool.
I've also noticed that my infill looks as if it is underextruded, even when I'm printing at slower speeds. Any ideas on this as well?

Side question, how do I find what my optimal temp and speed is? I can print anywhere from 190C to 220C, and not not a significant difference in the print. The slower I go, the less stringing I have, and a slightly better quality print.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login