Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BLTouch is always triggered

Posted by WalkerMaker 
BLTouch is always triggered
July 17, 2017 10:28PM
Hello,

Having a strange issue with my BlTouch on my smoothieboard. My probe is behaving as follows.

When it starts up, the probe end closes, extends, and then closes like normal.
The red light is on the probe while the prob is retracted.
The probe extends on M280 S3.0
The probe retracts on M280 S7.0

M119 Always results in saying that the probe is triggered. When I attempt to start a print (with the probe up), it fails and says that print aborted due to the probe already being triggered. (My start g-code is with an auto leveling sequence).

What could cause this behavior? Has anyone else experienced this? I also included my config for endstops/probing.

## Endstops
# See [smoothieware.org]
endstops_enable true # The endstop module is enabled by default and can be disabled here
#corexy_homing false # Set to true if homing on a hbot or corexy
alpha_min_endstop 1.29^! # Pin to read min endstop, add a ! to invert if endstop is NO connected to ground
#alpha_max_endstop nc # Pin to read max endstop, uncomment this and comment the above if using max endstops
alpha_homing_direction home_to_min # Or set to home_to_max and set alpha_max and uncomment the alpha_max_endstop
alpha_min 0 # This gets loaded as the current position after homing when home_to_min is set
alpha_max 350 # This gets loaded as the current position after homing when home_to_max is set
beta_min_endstop 1.28^! # Pin to read min endstop, add a ! to invert if endstop is NO connected to ground
#beta_max_endstop nc # Pin to read max endstop, uncomment this and comment the above if using max endstops
beta_homing_direction home_to_min # Or set to home_to_max and set alpha_max and uncomment the alpha_max_endstop
beta_min 0 # This gets loaded as the current position after homing when home_to_min is set
beta_max 350 # This gets loaded as the current position after homing when home_to_max is set
gamma_min_endstop nc # Pin to read min endstop, add a ! to invert if endstop is NO connected to ground
#gamma_max_endstop nc # Pin to read max endstop, uncomment this and comment the above if using max endstops
gamma_homing_direction home_to_min # Or set to home_to_max and set alpha_max and uncomment the alpha_max_endstop
gamma_min 0 # This gets loaded as the current position after homing when home_to_min is set
gamma_max 250 # This gets loaded as the current position after homing when home_to_max is set

alpha_max_travel 400 # Max travel in mm for alpha/X axis when homing
beta_max_travel 400 # Max travel in mm for beta/Y axis when homing
gamma_max_travel 400 # Max travel in mm for gamma/Z axis when homing

# Optional enable limit switches, actions will stop if any enabled limit switch is triggered
#alpha_limit_enable false # Set to true to enable X min and max limit switches
#beta_limit_enable false # Set to true to enable Y min and max limit switches
#gamma_limit_enable false # Set to true to enable Z min and max limit switches

# Endstops home at their fast feedrate first, then once the endstop is found they home again at their slow feedrate for accuracy
alpha_fast_homing_rate_mm_s 25 # Alpha/X fast homing feedrate in mm/second
alpha_slow_homing_rate_mm_s 25 # Alpha/X slow homing feedrate in mm/second
beta_fast_homing_rate_mm_s 25 # Beta/Y fast homing feedrate in mm/second
beta_slow_homing_rate_mm_s 25 # Beta/Y slow homing feedrate in mm/second
gamma_fast_homing_rate_mm_s 4 # Gamma/Z fast homing feedrate in mm/second
gamma_slow_homing_rate_mm_s 2 # Gamma/Z slow homing feedrate in mm/second

alpha_homing_retract_mm 5 # Distance to retract from the endstop after it is hit for alpha/X
beta_homing_retract_mm 5 # Distance to retract from the endstop after it is hit for beta/Y
gamma_homing_retract_mm 5 # Distance to retract from the endstop after it is hit for gamma/Z

# Optional enable limit switches, actions will stop if any enabled limit switch is triggered (all are set for delta)
#alpha_limit_enable false # Set to true to enable X min and max limit switches
#beta_limit_enable false # Set to true to enable Y min and max limit switches
#gamma_limit_enable false # Set to true to enable Z min and max limit switches

# Optional order in which axis will home, default is they all home at the same time,
# If this is set it will force each axis to home one at a time in the specified order
#homing_order XYZ # X axis followed by Y then Z last
#move_to_origin_after_home false # Move XY to 0,0 after homing
#endstop_debounce_count 100 # Uncomment if you get noise on your endstops, default is 100
#endstop_debounce_ms 1 # Uncomment if you get noise on your endstops, default is 1 millisecond debounce
#home_z_first true # Uncomment and set to true to home the Z first, otherwise Z homes after XY
Re: BLTouch is always triggered
July 17, 2017 11:02PM
The BLTouch trigger time is too short to catch at the console. If you want to see it in action via a console, you need to set it in test mode first, then it will hold the trigger after it is activated until you reset it. Normally it just pulses the trigger which the firmware can catch but all but impossible to see with M119. For Smoothie that is M280 S5.5
July 18, 2017 09:24AM
I will try doing that to test it. But that still doesnt really ecplain the weird behavior of it aborting the print due to the probe already being triggered.
July 18, 2017 12:20PM
not tooo familiar with smoothiwar but it looks like you dont have a pin assigned to the 'gamma min' enstop (z min_

gamma_min_endstop nc # Pin to read min endstop, add a ! to invert if endstop is NO connected to ground

found some inf here, it may help

[forum.smoothieware.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login