Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

still cannot understand why is it printing this way?

Posted by saintofinternet 
still cannot understand why is it printing this way?
July 06, 2017 01:46AM
i have a knock off Prusa I3 purcashed from www.cncparts.in

i am sure i have been duped and ripped off by this company and they are completely arrogant and ignorant about my issue leaving me to fend for myself.

i am trying hard to calibrate my machine.... but it's now getting frustrating....

posting the images of the 10x10mm cube. the height is coming around 9.75 mm and the width is around 10.15 mm

1. the top is not clean.

2. the rear side has some overhangs

3. the front is wavy.

4. the edges have screw rod designs.

requesting the forum to help me out....
Re: still cannot understand why is it printing this way?
July 06, 2017 02:06AM
how are you calibrating your printer? It can be a repetative process but once its done you wont need to be it again. It also helps you learn what setting affect the print.

There is a great guide on the reprap wiki, I would recommend starting there (Link: [reprap.org]).

Also have a look at your firmware file and report back you speed and acceleration settings as well as the jerk settings. For some unknown reason most kit printers have this set way too high, reducing these values when you are beginning to learn to print will help with getting better results and you can go back and fine tune these settings later.

Finally simply3d has a great online guide for trouble shooting prints (Link: [www.simplify3d.com]) you dont need to be using their software to use the guide as the tips they give can be translated to any printing software.

Its a step learning curve, especially with the cheap printers, but with some time and patience you will get there. Just remember that google is your friend too, so meany people have these cheap printers and I would say about 80% of this forum is questions about fixing them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2017 02:07AM by scottybfg.
July 06, 2017 03:58AM
hey...

first thanks a lot for the help.

now coming for the firmware... the one given by the vendor was way to bad hence i downloaded marlin and re-configured it as per steps given on the youtube videos by Thomas Sanladerer.

the following are my settings:

the XYJerk was 20 and i changed it to 40 as the print was bulging at the point where it changed the layer. had read it online. don't know if it was a wise move.

/**
 * MOVEMENT SETTINGS
 */

#define HOMING_FEEDRATE {50*60, 50*60, 2.5*60, 0}  // set the homing speeds (mm/min)

// default settings

//#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   {80,80,3500,100.52}  // default steps per unit for Ultimaker

//******************WORKING as of 31st Jan, 2017*********************
//#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   {78.7402,80,2200,100.52}  // default steps per unit for Ultimaker
//******************WORKING as of 31st Jan, 2017*********************

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   {81.08,81.08,2560,92.70}  // default steps per unit for Ultimaker

#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE          {500, 500, 2, 25}    // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION      {4000,4000,100,1000}    // X, Y, Z, E maximum start speed for accelerated moves. E default values are good for Skeinforge 40+, for older versions raise them a lot.

#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION          1000    // X, Y, Z and E acceleration in mm/s^2 for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION  3000    // E acceleration in mm/s^2 for retracts
#define DEFAULT_TRAVEL_ACCELERATION   3000    // X, Y, Z acceleration in mm/s^2 for travel (non printing) moves

// The speed change that does not require acceleration (i.e. the software might assume it can be done instantaneously)
#define DEFAULT_XYJERK                40.0    // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_ZJERK                 0.4     // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_EJERK                 5.0    // (mm/sec)

do let me know if i need to post any more information

as you said i am using Google a lot to troubleshoot but looks like I need more help as i am trying to troubleshoot since November 2016. it get's quiet frustrating at times.

i just curse this company www.cncparts.in which has nothing better to do then rip off people.
July 06, 2017 04:33AM
What material are you using , and what print temperature.
What speed settings have you set in the slicer?

XY jerk 40 is a bit high to my liking, i would set it back to 20.
July 06, 2017 06:08AM
yes... even i think the same now....

i will try it with 15 and see...

will report soon.

thank you for your reply.
July 06, 2017 06:41AM
For a quick glance: You're probably printing too fast. PLA? Part cooling fan active? Try a bigger cube, printing speed set to minimum, feedrate set to minimum, and/or try 4 cubes at once to give the layer time to cool down before the next layer gets printed.
July 06, 2017 05:52PM
Without looking at your printer I would recommend dropping the;

DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION from 4000 to 2000
DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 3000 to 1500 (really depends on extruder type)
DEFAULT_TRAVEL_ACCELERATION 3000 to 1500
DEFAULT_XYJERK 40.0 to 20.0

Looking at your old posts, you were close to really good prints, so this should give you some hope that you have not been ripped off

saintofinternet
i printed my first sample today on a prusa i3 and looks like one side ( left side ) wall had some gaps in layers.... photos submitted from 2 different angles.

does it mean my bed is not leveled?? even though i have done the bed levelling just as told by the prusa / reprap documentation...

[attachment 88465 P_20170107_103118.jpg]

[attachment 88466 P_20170107_103127.jpg]

The problems i see there is that the nozzle is starting too far away from the bed, you can tell because the filament makes a wave and not a straight line.

The splitting of the layers will also be caused by the nozzle being too high, or the layer height being too high, and a low extrusion temp.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login