Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing stops after couple layers

Posted by mgorzula 
Printing stops after couple layers
July 05, 2017 05:40PM
Hi!
I got problem with i3 rework 1.5. It stops after couple layes - you can see that on my video :[www.youtube.com]
the print looks like that

Devil Design PLA - ex on 200C bed on 64C
Arduino mega 2560 + RAMPS 1.4 with lcd Discount Smart Controller 2004
motors grinning smileyVR8825
ex: J-Head E3D-V6
Re: Printing stops after couple layers
July 05, 2017 07:50PM
Looks like over extrusion on what you do print, Follow this calibration guide to fix that (Link: [reprap.org])

As for the stopping you have a cheap hotend clone, these are known for clogging and jamming. Make sure there is a fan on the heat-sink part of the hotend and maybe try printing at lower speeds. Google "cheap hotend clone issues" to find more solutions to your problem, a lot of people use them and have this issue so there is lots of information out there on how to get better results with it.
July 06, 2017 05:01AM
Thanks! Also I noticed that V from my ATX falls to 11.08V while printing. Maybe adding resistors on 5V will help and stop the problem?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2017 05:01AM by mgorzula.
July 06, 2017 05:27AM
The way the screen blanks out, looks like you might be loosing the 5volt rail from the regulator,
July 06, 2017 04:21PM
If voltage is dropping, your power supply isn't strong enough. If you have 20A (240W) on the 12V supply, which a reasonable ATX should manage, maybe you have a short (or at least low resistance) across the 12V supply. I would check the nozzle heater near the nozzle... the insulation there can pull back and then frayed/broken wires can short. If the wiring moves relative to the head, this may only happen when the head is in particular positions and/or moving in a particular direction, which would explain why it only happens after a couple of layers. If you don't find anything there, check your fans and probe and anything else 12V on the head.
July 07, 2017 03:46AM
I got it preassambled from a dude who claimed it work perfectly but the stepper for extruder was 1,56V and motor was getting so hot it was bending near plastics. Changed to 0,5V, turned the headbed off and its printing fine but:

extruder hits the print on "1 pm oclock" possition (pictures and video) whats maybe the reason?

[www.youtube.com]
[ibb.co]
[ibb.co]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2017 04:10AM by mgorzula.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login