Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gap between perimeters on certain angles

Posted by Cyclonit 
Gap between perimeters on certain angles
July 05, 2017 01:43PM
Hi folks,

I have printed quite a lot of things already but just now noticed a weird artifact. Whenever I print somewhat straight thin walls at a certain angle, the perimeter walls do not meet.

The attached image is a test print with .8mm thick walls at different angles. As you can see, the "60° NW-SE" wall, is not solid. A 50x50mm square I printed today came out to be 49.87x49.75mm, thus I don't think this error comes from misconfigured steppers. Measuring the thickness of the walls, you can clearly see how the malformed wall sticks out. The precision is as I would expect. To me, this also rules out underextrusion, since most walls are already wider than they should be.

I have attached the stl-file of the print so someone else may check whether its due to the slicer acting up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Cyclonit
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20170705_171933.jpg (593.7 KB)
open | download - IMG_20170705_192216.jpg (607.5 KB)
open | download - star.gco (91 KB)
Re: Gap between perimeters on certain angles
July 06, 2017 02:41AM
Would be interesting to see a preview of your slicer.
Can you repeat the result, when you rotate the part a few degrees?
July 06, 2017 03:00AM
The preview does not show this defect. I'll provide a screenshot later on once I am home.
When I rotate the part, the defect stays in approximately the same location, somewhere between 45 and 70° NW. It also happens in slightly curved parts in that orientation, only less pronounced.
July 06, 2017 11:59AM
As promised: [i.imgur.com]

I don't see the gap in there.
July 07, 2017 01:30AM
Is your printer a Delta? To me it seems it's a mechanical problem, like the rods of a Delta aren't exactly same length or the distance between the rods isn't equal.
These imperfections lead to tension in the effector system, that might release/snap at a certain position/angle.
July 07, 2017 04:30AM
No, its a prusa clone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login