Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

End of Print Nozzle Parking

Posted by 3DPO 
End of Print Nozzle Parking
May 16, 2017 10:36AM
Have a custom built Delta, running Marlin. It's 1.1.0-RC7. I was going to update the firmware, to the latest stable release (1.1.1), but have heard some things about it which make me want to hold back for now. The only issue I have with the current version I am running is with the end of print.

When the print finishes, the nozzle will move to the end stop max position (which is what I want to occur), but then it drops down about 5-6cm (haven't measured exactly) from where the end stops are (don't want to occur). With my current setup, I have the ability print up to a height of ~220mm, but due to the nozzle parking at the end, I'm limited to a lower print height unless I'm there to babysit the print. I've tried digging through the configuration.h and configuration_adv.h files, but can't seem to find anything related to the nozzle parking at the end of print.

Also thought it might be my custom end.gcode at the end, so I've pasted it below. I send the following 'end.gcode' script:

G21 ;metric values
G90 ;absolute positioning
M107 ;start with the fan off
G28 ;move to endstops
G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length
G1 F200 E3 ;extrude 3mm of feed stock
G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length again
G1 F{travel_speed}

Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thank you!
Re: End of Print Nozzle Parking
May 19, 2017 07:16AM
That's your end g-code?

May 19, 2017 12:32PM
Nope. Good catch. Thought it was, but this is:

;End GCode
M104 S0 ;extruder heater off
;M140 S0 ;heated bed heater off (if you have it)
G91 ;relative positioning
G1 E-1 F300 ;retract the filament a bit before lifting the nozzle, to release some of the pressure
G1 Z+0.5 E-5 X-20 Y-20 F{travel_speed} ;move Z up a bit and retract filament even more
G28 ;move to endstops
M84 ;steppers off
G90 ;absolute positioning

Still nothing with moving down from the endstops.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2017 03:06PM by 3DPO.
May 19, 2017 03:30PM
What host program do you use, it may have its own end of print script.
May 19, 2017 03:31PM
I would think your M84 steppers off is probably what causes that as your telling the code to stop holding the motors and gravity will pull the hotend down at that point.
May 19, 2017 04:18PM
I am using Cura, the Lulzbot Edition. It has the section to edit the end.gcode which I copied and pasted above (incorrectly at first). Used Slic3r prior (for some reason it stopped working with a Windows 10 update) and I'm pretty sure I had the same issue. It's definitely not gravity, the motors are forcing the move down after touching the end stops. They also move down equidistant.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login