Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Printing Issues

Posted by 556duckvader 
New Printing Issues
May 05, 2017 09:52PM
Ok I am having issues with my printer. I am printing with PLA at 200c hot end and 55c bed on green frog tape. I needing some help as I am not sure how to resolve this.

Thanks
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_3238.JPG (256.1 KB)
open | download - IMG_3239.JPG (255.7 KB)
open | download - IMG_3237.JPG (515.4 KB)
open | download - IMG_3236.JPG (465.3 KB)
Re: New Printing Issues
May 06, 2017 01:43AM
Looks, like the problem starts when retractions are needed.
The filament gets pulled back, but it doesn't seem to get pushed forward ( unretract ) fully.
You either have a partially clogged hotend or the stepper is to weak. ( Vref adjustment? )
May 06, 2017 01:50AM
o_lampe
The filament gets pulled back, but it doesn't seem to get pushed forward ( unretract ) fully.
You either have a partially clogged hotend or the stepper is to weak. ( Vref adjustment? )

Could my retraction be set wrong?
May 07, 2017 02:17AM
556duckvader
o_lampe

Could my retraction be set wrong?

I don't know how one could mess up the retration setting, that a print turns out in such bad way. But you can post it, so we can see....
May 09, 2017 10:47PM
Yes retraction settings could cause this. What type of printer do you have? Is it a direct feed extruder or a Bowden feed? Each will have different retraction settings.

Just as a wild ballpark, a direct should be about 1.5mm say at 60mms and a Bowden (length of bowden about 200mm) should be 4.0mm at 60mms.

What slicer are you using? Each has various retraction settings.
May 10, 2017 03:27AM
It was a retraction issue. I had it a little to high trying to fix the oozing issue so I lowered it down to 4.5 and that solved the issues.
May 10, 2017 10:42AM
You could try lowering yor temp to help with oozing as well
May 10, 2017 09:41PM
Check the retraction settings.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login