Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing speed / Moves problems

Posted by lezabour 
Printing speed / Moves problems
April 23, 2017 04:24AM
Hi all,

Really need your help with a speed problem that make me crazy...

I have a Prusa I3, with Marlin RC BugFix on it, i'm also using Slicer Prusa Edition + Host Repetier (or Octoprint depend winking smiley
EEprom is disabled.

I have a problem that i can't identify with my printer, about the printing speed.

I configured Slicer to with different speed to make tests.
But no matter what i do the printing speed is really slow after 1 or 2 layers, and not taking in count my speed in Slicer.
First layer is always faster than all others, (despite i configure it to be 50% of speed).
I have to use the speeder (x2) to manually speed the print, and finally see the speed increase....

Here are my speed. But it's more like it's printing at 30mm/s, despite the 60/70 configured.

I don't have EEPROM defined, so no eeprom. Also tryed to enable eeprom and see if it changes something, after more than 10 test nothing ;(
Also, other thing, the skirt and brim i use, are printed in a "good speed", it"s only when layer 2 begin that the slow begin.

I have tryed to change my Slicer version (from official, to prusa edition, differents versions for each), uninstall, reinstall, nothing change, still same effect.

Don't know what to do. It make almost all my prints failes, as the printing speed for bridge or holes is not respected ;(;(

thanks a lot for help
Re: Printing speed / Moves problems
April 23, 2017 06:30AM
What are your speed settings in Marlin?
April 23, 2017 10:22AM
The only parameter, that slows down a print after the first layer is the "minimum layer time". It is usually set to "0" by default.
For PLA it is usefull to set it to 5-10 seconds, but that only kicks in with very small parts.
April 25, 2017 11:18AM
Hey

Thanks for answers
My marlin speed is:
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION { 5000, 5000, 50, 5000 }
#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 2000 // X, Y, Z and E acceleration for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 2000 // E acceleration for retracts
#define DEFAULT_TRAVEL_ACCELERATION 2000 // X, Y, Z acceleration for travel (non printing) moves

Concerning the "minimum layer time", i don't see this in Slic3r, but i'm going to check again tonight

thanks for help
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login