Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Under-Extrusion Type Issue

Posted by Undisclosed 
Under-Extrusion Type Issue
April 11, 2017 02:23AM
I have recently put my nozzle back together after tightening and cleaning the assembly but since then all the sides of my prints have not been printing properly. The issue is like it's not extruding enough plastic. I have played with the flow multiplier in 5% increments (both increasing and decreasing) and it doesn't change the print at all (or nothing very noticeable) along with changing the nozzle height slightly. Here is a photo of a 20 x 20 x 20 box (I stopped The print).

Any Help would be mush appreciated. I am using Cura 15.04.6 if that helps and a Mac. With a TEVO Tarantula.
Thanks
Undisclosed.
Re: Under-Extrusion Type Issue
April 27, 2017 07:42PM
If it worked fine before you stripped the nozzle down it's likely to be something you did during the process. Changing a load of electrical variables is probably going to take you further from the resolution. What you did was mechanical so I'd be looking there rather than an electrical adjustment.

Have you got an adjustable feed tension spring? Did you remove it during the strip down? If so, it may be out of adjustment and affect the flow rate.
Did you clean the nozzle? Did you use the correct size of drill? When tightening it all up, maybe you've deformed the inner PTFE tube, constricting the flow?
Just a few thoughts.

In fault finding, I've always worked on the premise that if you've changed/adjusted something and it gave a worse result, that's the first place to look. Try to undo what you just did to get back to your original state. If it worked with a certain motor voltage/installed firmware version before you stripped the nozzle, it shouldn't need them changed to work again.

Anyway... My two cents.

Play Bonny!

Soadyheid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login