Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printer reset in the middle of the job

Posted by pasha_to 
Printer reset in the middle of the job
March 18, 2017 06:35PM
Hi friends,
I've been having an issue with one of my printers.
Printer: Hictop
So the issue is when it's printing, it keeps resetting the machine on its own. I've changed the firmware both uploading the stock version as well as my own modified version, that didn't fix it.
I changed the current on drives from 750 to 560, about 30% less to get about 50% less heat on motors, that didn't fix it either.
Motors are NEMA 17.
I'm getting out of solutions here. can someone guide me through a proper troubleshooting and possibly resolving this issue.

thank you
Re: Printer reset in the middle of the job
March 19, 2017 01:57AM
Do you print through a computer?Maybe the "sleep" power setting shuts down the printer.
March 19, 2017 02:00AM
No , i print with SD . I never had good experience printing direct from computer.
but this issue is over SD
It resets randomly 1 hour , 3 hours , and one time about 14 hours down in a 50 hours so print!!
March 19, 2017 04:12AM
What rating power supply are you using? My experience is that anything less than 360W does not provide enough power.

Your printer might be experiencing a voltage drop on the PSU, or even spikes on the mains supply. Someone recently was experiencing problems with their printer resetting when a nearby refrigerator kicked in, causing a momentary drop in mains voltage.
March 19, 2017 04:15AM
on this printer I have 450w 12v 33amps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login