Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing issues

Posted by nking 
Printing issues
March 07, 2017 06:37PM
Hello everyone.

I'm experiencing various printing issues. The issues seem to change and I'm not sure why half the time.

This is the part that I'm trying to print. I've attached a photo of it as well. BedLevellingPart.jpg
In this instance there seems to be a shrinking issue on the lower layers. Curling on the top of flat part, which has never occurred before this print. And the strange things is that the round tower is generally great. Although there is some wavy output on some of the upper part, which is not all the way around, only about a centimetre of the diameter.

If any has any suggestions, that'd be great.

Printer: Mendel90
Material: ABS
Slic3r
Extruder: 238C
Bed: 130C
Cooling: Auto
Retraction: on
Layer height: 0.1
Initial layer height: 0.3
Perimeters: 6
Solid layers upper and bottom: 6B
Brim: 5mm
Skirt: 6 loops

Thank you.

Nathan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2017 06:45PM by nking.
Attachments:
open | download - BedLevellingPart_My_Print_2_small.jpg (179.6 KB)
open | download - BedLevellingPart_My_Print_1_small.jpg (173.5 KB)
open | download - BedLevellingPart.jpg (62 KB)
Re: Printing issues
March 08, 2017 04:15AM
Looks like a slight over extrusion, you could try to lower the flowrate to 90% or 95%. What's your nozzle diameter? If it is 0.3mm or 0.4mm the 0.1mm layer heigth may be too small to give good print results. And I think on this part you should try 0.25mm or 0.3mm layer heigth, this won't affect the print quality. I can't see it clearly in the picture, they're small, and the POV doesn't show. The flat part at the bottom, is there a big overhang? Then you'll probably need support material. Can you send the STL?

Edit: I'm not using any bed or part cooling fan during printing ABS on my Mendel90.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2017 05:16AM by Inhumierer.
Re: Printing issues
March 08, 2017 05:49PM
Hi Inhumierer.

Thanks very much for your feedback and suggestions. I've lowered the flow rate to 95%, changed the layers to 0.3mm, turned off the fan and turned on automatic supports.

There is not meant to be any overhang on the flat bit. If you view the BedLevellingPart.jpg it shows how it's meant to be and how far my print was from that reality.

I'll update when the print has finished.

Thanks again.

Nathan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login