Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printer Not Recognized and No Display

Posted by mRiyaz 
Printer Not Recognized and No Display
February 18, 2017 02:33AM
Dear Reprapers,

My Tronxy 3D Printer is NOT being Detected when connected to laptop it shows " USB device not recognized" and it's not showing any display in the LCD.

Board - Melzi

Kindly help.
Re: Printer Not Recognized and No Display
February 18, 2017 03:43AM
Unless the printer powers up fully it will not be detected. If there is nothing on the LCD it sounds as though the processor has not booted correctly. Make sure all you power connections between the PSU and the board are connected to the correct connections and tightened fully.
February 23, 2017 08:51AM
Sir, I've checked all the cables but the problem still persists.is there a chance that my controller board has issues?
February 23, 2017 07:05PM
It sounds as though your control board has problems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2017 07:06PM by Supermec.
February 23, 2017 07:34PM
Meliz board use a usb to serial converter chip, as long as that gets power it should show up as a serial port, regardless of the state of the processor

I would guess a power supply issue, maybe a endstops plugged in backwards causing a short.

Give this a try

unplug all cables from the board including power
Move the jumper (jp15 on most boards) to usb power eg [www.geeetech.com]
Plug in the usb cable, does it now get identified correctly?

Also have you installed drivers?
It should be a FT232R drivers from here [www.ftdichip.com]

You also want t make sure it is a ftdi chip, it should be clearly readable on the chip
They may have changed it for a ch340 chip, in which case you need the ch340 drivers.

Also can you read a hardware id Identifier from the board (eg [support.shippingeasy.com]-)
February 23, 2017 11:07PM
Sir, I've followed your steps now my Melzi board is being detected as USB Serial Port (COM 5) now what do i do after this to get display on the LCD ?

Do i keep the Jumper on USB or Move it back to JP15 ?

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login