Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hotend Heating very Slow and not going above 185 deg

Posted by mRiyaz 
Hotend Heating very Slow and not going above 185 deg
February 17, 2017 09:22AM
Dear Reprapers,

i recently disassembled all the parts of my Tronxy Prusa i3 but after putting it back everything works fine but My hotend takes Ages to heat and still doesnot cross 185 deg C. i tried changing the hotend but the result remains the same. what should i do?

Controller board - Melzi
Hotned - All Metal J hotend/E3D V5

Temp not going above 185 deg and very slow heating, Please help.

Thanks,
Riyaz
Re: Hotend Heating very Slow and not going above 185 deg
February 17, 2017 10:28AM
Did you get the right voltage hot end. I know of one or two people recently who have ordered 12V 40W heater cartridges only to be sent 24V ones. If you run these at 12V then they will only put out 10W. A 12V 40W cartridge has a resistance of 3.6 Ohms whereas a 24V one measures around 14 Ohms. Also have a look at your extruder PID heating control settings.
February 18, 2017 02:30AM
Thank you Sir, I'll check with PID setting Voltage is Proper
February 19, 2017 03:46AM
Have you re-assembled correctly, especially have you got the thermistor in the right place?

It could be that the hot-end actually is 200+ degrees, but the thermistor is reading low. Can you melt PLA against the outside of the nozzle or heater block?
February 23, 2017 08:56AM
Yes Sir, i'm able to melt PLA but still the same problem.
March 01, 2017 12:43AM
Have you double checked that your wires are seated correctly? I was having a similar issue with my heated bed where I could not go above 60 degrees and reseating the cables sorted it out just fine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login