Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vase Mode doesn't spiral?

Posted by Luc358 
Vase Mode doesn't spiral?
February 10, 2017 01:51PM
Hello RepRapers...

I'm having a problem with simplify3D not doing the vase mode thing. I have made my own simple model using 123D Design you can see the model Here. As far as I know there is nothing wrong with the actual model, but with simplify3D not slicing it properly the software doesn't spiral in one continuous movement but goes back and forth Here is a video. So I thought baybe some one here will know the answer to my problem.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2017 01:52PM by Luc358.
Re: Vase Mode doesn't spiral?
February 11, 2017 02:13AM
To make vase mode work, the part has to be solid.
I can't open your dropbox link, so I'm just giving a general advice.
February 11, 2017 11:52AM
o_lampe
To make vase mode work, the part has to be solid.
I can't open your dropbox link, so I'm just giving a general advice.

this is th 123D Design file
Attachments:
open | download - aaa.123dx (135.3 KB)
February 12, 2017 07:54PM
From the video, it looks like your model is not manifold.
February 13, 2017 12:51AM
Okey so how do ik make it good then?
February 13, 2017 02:34AM
Show us some file we all can read - STL f. ex.
February 13, 2017 10:33AM
Inhumierer
Show us some file we all can read - STL f. ex.

Here is the .stl file [www.dropbox.com]
February 14, 2017 08:49AM
so I finally got it!smileys with beer

I changed the model from a shell to a solid opject and just cut off the top and bottem to make the right size holes I wanted. But now I got a other problem, my object deformed I think the print was to fast (Default print speed: 3600mm/min and X/Y movement: 3000 mm/min ) the fan was off and the was with PETG at 250 degrees but I dont know for sure can maybe some one help me trouble shoot this? here are some pictures: [www.dropbox.com]

ps

I am currently printing it again with al the speed settings halved, I let you know how it turned out when i get home.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2017 08:52AM by Luc358.
February 14, 2017 08:54AM
What sort of plastic are you using? If it's ABS you may find it difficult to print that shape in a single wall without a heated enclosure. PLA should be easier, or PETG if you need more temperature resistance.
February 14, 2017 09:12AM
I print PETG White
February 14, 2017 10:31AM
That's interesting, petg is normally pretty dimensionally stable during printing. I do generally print it on the slower side though, at around 30mm/s (but I have a rather slow printer), so I guess we wait and see how your current print turns out.
February 14, 2017 01:54PM
well i am home...

to find this ugly thing:
[www.dropbox.com]

also the begining layers dont seem to be all that good:
[www.dropbox.com]

can anyone give me some advise?
February 15, 2017 11:44AM
Very thin shells are difficult to print because of the small overlaps between layers where the dimensions change rapidly between two successive layers. This tends to give results that look similar to under extrusion. Where the shape curves inwards this is made even more difficult because cooling contraction (which is rapid for thin shells) tends to pull the filament away from the previous layer. You could try a smaller test piece and play with the thickness of the shell and also turn the print cooling off to slow down contraction.
February 16, 2017 09:23AM
can i change the wall thickness with vase mode on?
February 16, 2017 11:51AM
Luc358, sorry don't know for sure. You can try it. Try with some smaller simpler models so that you don't waste a lot of filament.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login