Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder Temp Problems

Posted by lparker 
Extruder Temp Problems
February 04, 2017 11:46PM
Hello, for the past month or so I've been working on assembling my first printer which is a Rapide Lite 200. At first my hot end was heating up perfectly but as time passed it stopped working as well. As of right now the highest temp I can get the hot end to reach is about 180. I have tried PID tuning with the M303 command but every time I try it the printer is unable to reach 200 and times out. I have read two or three threads on this forum about related issues but I could not come to a proper solution so I'm finally throwing in the towel and asking for help. I have put my Marlin .ino file in the post for anyone who like to examine it. I used the one that the manufacture included with the printer I just uncommented out the eeprom commands. Thanks a lot.

Luke
Attachments:
open | download - Marlin.ino (1.8 KB)
Re: Extruder Temp Problems
February 06, 2017 07:35AM
Picture of the hot end may be useful so we can look for mechanical issues.
A picture of the heating curve may also give some clues.
Check the thermistor or the heater cartridge hasn't come loose.
Consider where air from the cooling fan is going - have you changed anything on the hot end recently?
February 07, 2017 07:54PM
Hello, here is a picture of my extruder and the hot end. For some reason I'm having trouble connecting to Repetier Host but once I get it reconnected I will send a picture of the temperature curve. Thank you for all the help, I really appreciate it.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_1284.JPG (63.3 KB)
open | download - IMG_1283.PNG (299.2 KB)
open | download - IMG_1285.JPG (66.8 KB)
February 08, 2017 08:18AM
I love spare parts. swap out the thermistor and/or the heater cartridge, check the temp with a K type therometer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login