Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prints misaligned

Posted by 3D 
3D
Prints misaligned
January 30, 2017 06:23AM
I have recently purchased a Turnigy Fabrikator with heated bed and Marlin firmware.
Its my first 3D printer and im a total noob without any experience at all.

I have made a couple of prints with this printer which i think was acceptable despite no major adjustments except bed calibration and layer height and print speed etc.
One of the prints was a calibration cube and the other one also a smaller one.

Yesterday i tried to print this object which is a little bit bigger than the previous ones, and as you can see in the pictures the top part layers are misaligned.
Ive read something about it can have to do with loose belts or other mechanical issues?
But i wonder about that since the previous prints did not suffer from this problem, or maybe the printer didnt travel to those problematic areas on the previous prints since they were a bit smaller prints?

When i look at the object in Cura i think that it looks normal to my very limited knowledge?
Can it be something with the settings or is it machanical? Should i try printing the same object again?

Any help and suggestions is higly apppriciated.Thanks in advance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2017 06:32AM by 3D.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_5887.JPG (578.1 KB)
open | download - IMG_5888.JPG (513.6 KB)
Re: Prints misaligned
January 30, 2017 07:01AM
That's called layer shifting- let me guess, in the Y axis...

There are multiple possible issues, but unless you're trying to print excessively fast, it is most likely due to the printer's configuration. The Y axis is the print bed. It is much heavier than the extruder carriage, so shifting occurs in Y before it happens in X due to inertia. The solution is to slow down the print (if you're trying to go too fast), or edit the configuration and reduce acceleration and/or jerk settings.

Calibration cubes don't usually trigger this sort of behavior because the motion required to print a cube is pretty simple and doesn't require a lot of rapid changes in direction.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login