Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

print warping midprint

Posted by Hedgehog 
print warping midprint
January 17, 2017 10:04PM
I have a cooling fan on my extruder. I am printing a pillar like shape, and i have noticed that my fan points at my right bottom corner the most, and there are little ``warping`` corners there, im sure it is because of the fan, because all the other corners are fine. Printing at 215 C, no bed problems. How can i fix this, i have reduced nozzle to 205 but not much improvement... I am using pla.
Can i just kill my fan and just leave it alone? i dont think it makes much of a difference, im not printing many bridges.
Re: print warping midprint
January 17, 2017 10:20PM
You can certainly try it and see if it turning the fan off helps. If it doesn't, go from there. PLA is usually not as prone to warping as ABS, but if you cool it too fast it may happen.
January 18, 2017 08:15PM
I turned my fan off for the rest half of the print, went fine.
There`s a part at the tip that has a BIT of bridging, which made it go to like 250 power, and then the rest of the head warped so bad even superglue only half fixes it. Is there a way to get the fan off AFTER you bridge? And is there a way to just completely disable the fan short of taking out the wires? I`m talking about in the slicing software and its options
January 18, 2017 08:59PM
There's a number of options. You can turn cooling off in the slicing software (at least in Slic3r). You can modify the gcode files directly to turn the fan on and off. Or you can send M107 (fan off) to the printer to turn the fan off. M106 will turn it back on.

If you want to go the Slic3r route, there's a "Filament Settings" tab, there click the "Cooling" icon, which will let you adjust the fan options. You can make the fan speed 0 which will disable it, but you can keep the "Bridges fan speed" at a nonzero value to allow for bridging with the fan on.
January 27, 2017 10:53PM
anvoice
There's a number of options. You can turn cooling off in the slicing software (at least in Slic3r). You can modify the gcode files directly to turn the fan on and off. Or you can send M107 (fan off) to the printer to turn the fan off. M106 will turn it back on.

If you want to go the Slic3r route, there's a "Filament Settings" tab, there click the "Cooling" icon, which will let you adjust the fan options. You can make the fan speed 0 which will disable it, but you can keep the "Bridges fan speed" at a nonzero value to allow for bridging with the fan on.

thanks. i have question. y doesnt my fan turn off after my bridging is done?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login