Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heated bed not heating!

Posted by HighLikeAladdin 
Heated bed not heating!
January 17, 2017 09:41PM
My heated bed short circuited. I soldered a new mosfet to the control board because the old one toasted. I might've not matched the mosfet up properly, as I couldn't find a data sheet for mine. I do know that my bed has 2.5 ohm resistance. What mosfet do you think I need? Is it possible the capacitor for the bed is fried aswell? I'm super annoyed with this, as I've only had my printer 2 weeks and have only had one successful print. What are potiental problems? The temp from the bed reads properly on the LCD but the terminals for the heated bed read 0V.. ):
Re: Heated bed not heating!
January 18, 2017 08:02AM
If you have a ramps 1.4 board
The bed is fed by fuse F2 (the larger of the 2 fuses) MFR1100, check the voltage on both ins, should be ~12volts

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2017 08:02AM by obewan.
January 18, 2017 10:36AM
I'm not sure, but I know it's a custom board from the manufacturer. All I see for the heated bed are a mosfet, capacitor, terminals. I can post pic if it'll help
January 18, 2017 12:57PM
A pic might help.
The mosfet will be switching the 0v side of the bed, do you measure 12 volts between 0 volts terminal on the controller power socket and the terminals on the bed( black meter probe to 0 volt in, red probe to bed terminal)
February 11, 2017 08:11PM
Did you ever learn more about this? I have had my printer for less than a week and now the heated bed reads 0 degrees and will not heat up.
February 12, 2017 06:13PM
HighLikeAladdin and CutterNorth,

we would be better able to advise you if we knew what printers you were using, otherwise the question is like how long is a piece of string?
February 18, 2017 07:53PM
I called RepRapGuru (the folks I bought the printer from.) They were great. It turns out the thermister in the hotbed died.

Thank you

3D Printer:

Prusa i3 V2 DIY kit by RepRapGuru
Microcontroller: Arduino mega 2560 R3 clone
Print area: 8 x 8 borosilicate glass
Bearing: LM8UU linear bearings; 623ZZ bearings
Heated bed: Dual power 12V/24V (Pre setup for 12V)
Extruder: Mk8/9 Direct drive
Power supply: 360W 12V 30A
Stepper motor: 5 NEMA 17 4.8kg/cm
Belt: GT2
Board: RAMPS 1.4
Stepper driver: A4988
Endstop: Electronic end stop circuits w/ LED (3)

Upgrades:
Plywood mounted
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login