Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bed heating issues

Posted by HighLikeAladdin 
Bed heating issues
January 16, 2017 12:39AM
So after I installed my heated bed, got some good prints.. then it stopped heating and I checked under the hood.. the negative heat wire had come loose, I fixed it, cut the printer back on, and ZAP.. it sparked a few times... the positive and negative must've been slightly touching from the excess wire outside the terminals...

Since then it hasn't been heating properly.. it heats super slowly, then will continue heating past the set temp until it gets to the max out error. Bed fried?

Also, ive been getting some loud beeps after shut off.. they occur randomly and have only done so about 2 times.. but it was 5 beeps then bout 30 second silence then a single beep. I'm not sure if it was the printer beeping or the PSU.. but I know the beeps occured after unplugging the printer.. I know it retains some voltage after being unplugged but I don't know if it's enough to do that. So assuming it was the PSU, I ordered a new one for $23.

If you have any suggestions or guidance, let me know. All is welcome. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2017 12:55AM by HighLikeAladdin.
Re: Bed heating issues
January 16, 2017 01:18AM
The heater is just a resistor, nearly impossible to destroy. If you shorted the heater leads, it's very likely that you cooked the MOSFET on the controller board that switches power to the bed heater, and/or the PCB traces around the MOSFET.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Re: Bed heating issues
January 16, 2017 01:51AM
Damn bro, you were right I tested the continuity of the MOFSET and it's pulling current.... can I just unsolder and resolder new? Or should I ask company for new board? I just received printer a week ago and they left the bed wires too long which caused them to fray and spark in the terminals.... what u think I should do?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login