Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

printing issue

Posted by drwatsont 
Re: printing issue
January 30, 2017 07:23PM
drwatsont,

what happens to the head, if using the controls on the printer, you tell it to "Home All". If the nozzle ends up just off the front left hand side of the bed then that is where your FIRMWARE thinks is X=0, Y=0, Z=0. The slicer then needs to be set to reflect that. If the nozzle ends up at the centre of the bed then you need to tell the slicer that is where the zero position is and the printing area in the slicer needs to run from a -ve value to a +ve value in both the X and Y directions.
January 31, 2017 08:11AM
Code looks OK.
Settings:-
There is no Z offset set. this should be the distance between the bed and the nozzle tip when homed. If levelling the bed with paper this would be the paper thickness. If memory serves it is a negative value.
Your Infill overlap is set at 15%. normal is zero and this is only used if you have issues.
Looks like the cooling fan is coming on for the last layer but this is not where your misalignment is occurring so I don't think they are related.

Missing steps seems to be the issue.
As its part way through I guess temperature can be an issue. That's driver circuit temperature. May be dodgy connections I see posts on here suggesting swapping the driver boards.
Or mechanical issues with drive belts and couplings. Also look for trapped belt ends, wires etc
Hope this helps.
February 03, 2017 07:58AM
Hedgehog
honestly, if this "jam" happens every single time then it should be a nozzle jam. do a cold pull if it is the case.

Nozzle jam?the filament comes out ok..
February 03, 2017 08:15AM
Just connected the printer to check Supermec and MCcarman last post and it's when i find out that every thing is normal again, i did nothing...what do you think about this?
February 03, 2017 10:42AM
After trying some bed alignment the issue come up, when i press x-axis home instead of going direct to home takes small stepps until arrives home, and again in pronterface when i press the red button to go to middle of the bed it goes other place in bed...i pressed the red button more then once and it went to diferent locations

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2017 10:51AM by drwatsont.
February 03, 2017 10:50AM
Supermec
drwatsont,

what happens to the head, if using the controls on the printer, you tell it to "Home All". If the nozzle ends up just off the front left hand side of the bed then that is where your FIRMWARE thinks is X=0, Y=0, Z=0. The slicer then needs to be set to reflect that. If the nozzle ends up at the centre of the bed then you need to tell the slicer that is where the zero position is and the printing area in the slicer needs to run from a -ve value to a +ve value in both the X and Y directions.[/quote

In slice my settings for the bed is 0,0(when i press home all all axis hit the endstopers,when i press the red button it goes to the middle of the bed)
February 03, 2017 12:20PM
If the printer always returns to the same position when you use "Home All" on the printer's own controls, then there is nothing wrong with the printer.

You need to ensure that pronterface and your slicer are correctly set up so that they control the printer correctly. I'm afraid I can't help you with that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2017 12:26PM by Supermec.
February 03, 2017 02:47PM
Another issue to add,heated bed not heating....i set temperature to 60 and it went to 35 then start to coming down.....i started to disassemble all electronics tomorow i'll connect everything again....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login