Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Makerbot 2 Extruder

Posted by XStein 
Makerbot 2 Extruder
December 18, 2016 02:39AM
Hello from Germany, I have a Makerbot 2 Printer. He starts wonderful, but suddenly
he prints "into the air" - no filament visible. When I stop the print, I find out, that
the filament ist in the extruder building a little node around the little "gear" in the
extruder. I completely cleaned it several times, changed the nozzle, but...
See the picture. Perhaps someone has a an idea.
Thanks, regards, Erhard.
Attachments:
open | download - Extruder.jpg (170.9 KB)
Re: Makerbot 2 Extruder
December 18, 2016 01:56PM
Are you trying to print with flexible filament?

Those plastic extruders aren't reliable at all, I will recommend you to get some aluminum ones.

if you are trying to print flexible filament you need an extruder that will support the filament after they pass the gear. For your printer the Flexion might be a good fit?
December 20, 2016 01:39PM
heat creep softening up higher up causing the filament too soften, is the fan working over the heatsink part?

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
December 21, 2016 10:27AM
Thank you, yes the fan in front is working. The fan on the left starts delayed.
I try to change the extruder!?
Thanks, regard, niche Christmasdays, Happy New Year, Erhard
December 21, 2016 12:45PM
yes if it's a dual then the fan on the extruder that working should be on from start then the second kicks in I think when the 2nd thermistor goes up to a certain temp I am going off a clone too a MakerBot 2 replicator a wanhao duplicator 2, also what material you printing with and temperatures,maybe blocked hotend to if it has pfte liners id check them 1st see how bad they look if its been used they get a bit yuckky had to replace mine on my dup 4

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login