Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

E3d Volcano Heating Issues

Posted by .Jata 
E3d Volcano Heating Issues
December 06, 2016 05:10PM
Hello everyone!

I have been having trouble with my hotends on my mendel90 not getting to 230+. I have ran the PID autotune several times via M303S245C10. It has no problem completing the autotune at that temp. but when I go to print at 235-245 (for PETG) my temps. rise to 200 no problem then the speed tapers off fast until it causes a kill printer error. ( I have increased the time in Config_adv.h) I have had this issue with these hotends: E3d V6 (clone), E3d V6 lite, and E3d V6 Volcano.

It is likely user error but anything will help. Thanks!

Azteeg X3
650W 80+ Silver PSU
12v 200W Silicone Heater
E3d V6 lite
E3d V6 Volcano

5 is 100K thermistor - ATC Semitec 104GT-2 (Used in ParCan & J-Head) (4.7k pullup)

#define DEFAULT_Kp 10.32
#define DEFAULT_Ki 2.02
#define DEFAULT_Kd 13.19

#define WATCH_TEMP_PERIOD 35
#define WATCH_TEMP_INCREASE 2
Re: E3d Volcano Heating Issues
February 07, 2017 08:59PM
Running auto tune and applying the new settings are two separate things. After the auto tune finishes it will output the values for the Kp Ki and Kd. The next step is to apply these changes in the firmware. You can manually do it by opening the marlin file, changing the numbers, and then sending the code to the printer. Or if you have eeprom enabled you can run auto tune and then enter g500 to save the new settings. The line you entered for the auto tune does not look the same as what is on the wiki however. You are missing the E# or the extruder number in between the M303 and the S245. I think the default is E0, the first extruder, which might cause a mismatch between the hot end you auto tune and the hot end you are trying to print with. Different set ups with different hot ends will result in different PID settings.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login