Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Every time I try to print the extruder jams

Posted by cmzulian 
Every time I try to print the extruder jams
November 20, 2016 12:53PM
Hello, I need help with my printing, I have assembled a prusa i3 and while I was doing my test print, after the 1st few layers the printer started to move like creazy up in a circular pattern, so I pushed the stop button and forced it to stop.
Then when I tried to print again started extruding a really thin line of filament and after a few seconds the filament flow stopped.
Well I cleaned the extructor and nozzle, unclogged everything, but now every time I try to extrude some filament it will not even drop a little from the nozzle and its jams every time

I'm working with PLA and the extruder heat been trying between 195 and 230 Celsius

Can someone help me with this?
Re: Every time I try to print the extruder jams
November 20, 2016 01:51PM
So many possibilities:

PTFE liner damaged or pinched, idle bearing tension too high or too loose, extruder gear loose from stepper shaft, stepper driver damaged, stepper driver current set too low or too high, etc, etc.

But the fact that it went crazy and you hit the reset might indicate a faulty main board.

You have to take it all apart again and check each part for proper function and fit.
November 20, 2016 03:25PM
Thank you ggherbaz for your replay. The extruction jam ended up being because I didn't know that I must always have my fan on while printing with PLA, that appears to be solved.

Now on the crazy printing I think that there is something wrong with my calibration or the marlin code, because I tried to test print a cube and what I'm getting is a tall tower, I think that the z axis move too much up on each layer, how can I fix this?

That picture is when it was still printing, its still higher now

Can you help me with that?
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_8261.JPG (488.1 KB)
November 20, 2016 10:19PM
check the steps/mm setting z axis, jumpers on z axis stepper driver and layer height.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login