Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"mirrored" prints

Posted by clogs51 
"mirrored" prints
November 16, 2016 08:02PM
Having printed some "handed" parts,i.e., a left and right,I have noticed the parts are a mirror version of what is intended.
Is this something to do with my x and y axes?How do i correct this?thnx.
Re: "mirrored" prints
November 17, 2016 07:43AM
reversed motor connection and corresponding homeing direction in config.h for whichever direction is mirrored.
November 17, 2016 01:40PM
Had this happen on a delta. Turned out I had the X and Y motors crossed.
November 17, 2016 01:46PM
DO you use Simplify ? if you do and your motor are set correctly in firmware I know there an option in the bed setting to flip bed table axis, like delta user have to select Y flip or its mirrored.
April 22, 2017 06:30AM
Hello!
I have also problems with mirrored prints, until now I didn't observed because I was printing calibration parts and there was symmetrical objects, but my first print went well but is in mirror. My X, Y axis are mirrored. I have tested my X axis(motor) is the extruder moving motor, and Y axis is the bed moving motor. Am I correct?
The motors are homed in back left corner of the bed. I think that is the standard setting.
What I have observed that in Repetier host the home position is not the same as the real. I have made pictures to see because it is hard to explain... after printed the part this can bee seen.
In Repetier H. the home position is set in back right corner, but my Y axis is still reversed.

Please help. Now I have started enjoy my printer and hit another problem and I have no idea where to search anymore.

Thank You!!!
Attachments:
open | download - rsz_file_000.jpg (299 KB)
open | download - rsz_file_001.jpg (588.8 KB)
open | download - rsz_file_002.jpg (589.8 KB)
April 22, 2017 07:10AM
what printer you using maybe the home position is incorrect

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
April 22, 2017 08:30AM
Prusa i3 printer, and repetier Host G-code generator, Sclic3r is the slicer program.

I have seen that the part printed is in mirror of the image in stl file, ONLY X, Y AXIS is mirrored.

Thanks!
April 22, 2017 04:23PM
Normal home position is when the nozzle is at the front left corner of the bed, this would be X0 Y0 position.
If your Y is homing with the nozzle at the rear of the bed, this is Y max homing.
April 23, 2017 07:23AM
Actually Obewan is right.
0,0 is either front/left or rear/right. I preferred rear/right, because when you home the printer after the print, the bed moves all the way forward and the part is easier to remove.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login