Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

extruder stops only in one part of the print [Solved]

Posted by Kalle 
extruder stops only in one part of the print [Solved]
November 15, 2016 03:40PM
Hello,
I am having a problem that I do not how to solve, the extruder stops only in one part of the print. I am attaching a picture of the problem.

I am trying to print this item.
[www.thingiverse.com]

I am using the latest marlin firmware with a ramps 1.4

The extruder makes a ticking sounds when is not extruder and the gears move forth and back

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2016 02:20PM by Kalle.

Attachments:
open | download - CIMG144.JPG (87.9 KB)
Re: extruder stops only in one part of the print
November 15, 2016 04:22PM
Looks like the tip is too close and it cannot extrude.
November 15, 2016 04:30PM
Floyd
Looks like the tip is too close and it cannot extrude.

I am letting the print go and it keep doing it exactly at the same point, now it is much thinner on that point of the print, it must be something else.

November 15, 2016 04:47PM
Check and make sure your filament is being fed evenly and not skipping or slipping on the motor shaft.
November 15, 2016 06:08PM
Also is that the start of that loop?

Maybe the skirt is laid down, a retract done, and then when it tries to print the object, if that's the starting point it might be starving for plastic cause the retract was too far. Does the rest of the layer appear the same?

Edit, looking at the skirt back there, if that lifted part is the end of it, looks like it moved and retracted a lot, quickly. Probably too far. Check the retraction speed and distance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2016 06:11PM by FA-MAS.
November 16, 2016 12:28AM
Floyd
Check and make sure your filament is being fed evenly and not skipping or slipping on the motor shaft.
checked is not skipping or slipping

FA-MAS
Also is that the start of that loop?
no is not, it is at the half part
FA-MAS
Edit, looking at the skirt back there, if that lifted part is the end of it, looks like it moved and retracted a lot, quickly. Probably too far. Check the retraction speed and distance.
is not doing a retract.

I am attaching a picture of the finished print, it developed the problem in other part of the print too at the end, and here is a video of the sound of the extruder.
extruder noise

I tried to increase the current of the stepper of the extruder too, but it didn't stopped the problem.

Attachments:
open | download - CIMG14.JPG (116 KB)
November 16, 2016 07:16AM
I see two areas where extrusion failed- were they along the X axis or the Y axis when you printed the part? If they were along the X axis, I think you have an intermittent wire going to the extruder motor. Can you post a few pictures of the printer?

The extruder carriage moves a lot so the wires connecting to it bend a lot. If the radius of the bend is too small, the wires can break inside their insulation and intermittently connect and disconnect, depending on the position of the extruder along the X axis.

In the future, upload video to youtube or vimeo. The site you used pops up all sorts of garbage pages. I didn't actually get to see the video because of that crap.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
November 16, 2016 02:13PM
the_digital_dentist
I see two areas where extrusion failed- were they along the X axis or the Y axis when you printed the part? If they were along the X axis, I think you have an intermittent wire going to the extruder motor. Can you post a few pictures of the printer?

The extruder carriage moves a lot so the wires connecting to it bend a lot. If the radius of the bend is too small, the wires can break inside their insulation and intermittently connect and disconnect, depending on the position of the extruder along the X axis.
that was indeed the cause, thank you!

the_digital_dentist
In the future, upload video to youtube or vimeo. The site you used pops up all sorts of garbage pages. I didn't actually get to see the video because of that crap.
I will, I didn't noticed pops up or garbage pages because with Tirisquel and abrowser I did not had any pop up. Sorry for that!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login