Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

E3D V6 not extruding?fr

Posted by jotus 
E3D V6 not extruding?fr
November 08, 2016 07:42AM
Hey

i get my e3d v6 from aliexpress i got today, and then i installed it to my prusa i3 and shall test it it not coming any PLA? if i press with my hands hard it comes lite for a while but after that its not coming any more.. i raised my temp from 210 to 230'C but dont think it doing any gooder.
please help me with this problem i want to start print again sad smiley

best regards
Re: E3D V6 not extruding?fr
November 08, 2016 08:02AM
That e3d is a clone, and most likely don't follow the original design unless you purchased all the parts individually.

The first problem that comes to my mind is that you have the wrong thermistor set in the firmware and not reaching the temperature or exceeding it.

But my recommendation is to disassemble it completely and check each part for correct design and alignment, your nozzle might not be drilled right, it might have a PTFE liner inside not cut properly, etc.

If you want, take a picture if it disassembled and post it here for further assistance.
November 08, 2016 10:05AM
If you spent the money and got a true E3D hot end you wouldnt have this issue.
I dropped my V5 true hot end in my printer and have had tons of ABS and some PLA through it without a single issue.
November 08, 2016 11:49AM
jotus
Hey

i get my e3d v6 from aliexpress i got today, and then i installed it to my prusa i3 and shall test it it not coming any PLA? if i press with my hands hard it comes lite for a while but after that its not coming any more.

Most likely the heat break isn't smooth and may have a gap between it and the nozzle, so the filament jams.
November 08, 2016 07:24PM
Reduce your temperature... PLA prints best at 190. Too much heat spreads up into the hot-end, and makes the PLA soften, swell, and jam.

You do have a heatsink cooling fan on your "E3D", right?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login