Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Davinci 1.0 will no longer print after computer glitch

Posted by Chromewrecker 
Davinci 1.0 will no longer print after computer glitch
October 10, 2016 06:11PM
Ok so not really sure what happen but everything was fine until last night. I was in the middle of a print and messing with the computer when a video card error popped up and the computer froze. After a minute of the screen flashing on and off the repetier host was not responding and the print stopped. Was I reset the computer and the printer I retried printing the file it started off fine so I went to bed woke up this morning with a bout one inch of the file printed a inch of mess and then nothing above that and the extruded was still making its passes about a four inches above that. So I removed the extruded gave it a good cleaning and reset the bed started the print again this time it would print but it was skipping. So I reset it and it got worse. Every time I kill the print and try it the issue got to the point of nothing coming out. So I cleaned it again tried different filiment started the prin. The first layer printed then started skipping again then nothing. When I lightly place my fingers on the filiment during a print i can feel it jog up and down. I thought the filiment was jamming so I clicked on load filiment just to see what happens it extruded out just fine. Try the print and nothing comes out and the filiment jogs up and down again. I am at a total loss right now the print worked great last night and was almost done with out a single issue and now it won't print at all.

Note: abs 1.75 filiment, repetier host .92.10 hack de vinci 1.0, the idler wheel was a bit loose so I shimmed it and tighted it back up,
Re: Davinci 1.0 will no longer print after computer glitch
October 10, 2016 06:13PM
update I have removed the sticker off the front of the filament stepper motor and drew a black on the shaft. When I select the load filament option on the printer the black line spins and the filament extruds. when I select a print I tried one pre loaded on the printer and one downloaded from thingivers the black line no longer spins but rather jogs back and forth and the filament will not extrude. what could possiblely allow the stepper motor to function properly when selecting load filament and not to fuction when slected to print. I have adjusted the bed again and have lowered the bed just to see if it would spin. Its hard to think the motor is bad when it fuctions during the load filament. any thoughts.
October 10, 2016 07:15PM
When you load filament you do it in the air without back pressure, when you print against the bed the extruder will have back pressure. First check the idler tension, then check that there is no filament stock somewhere inside the extruder and if all ok check the wiring of the stepper as maybe a connector came loose or it's burnt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2016 07:19PM by ggherbaz.
October 10, 2016 09:26PM
yes I install the filament in the air no back pressure. I don't really see any issues with the idler wheel and I have remove the hot head cleaned the nozzle and the wheels. I checked the connectors seems to be plugged in all the way and don't see any burn inications.
October 10, 2016 10:12PM
Ok, does your board have an extra extruder driver that you can check if the one in use is damaged?

If not and assuming you cannot swap drivers, been careful home your printer and once is at the correct distance connect your extruder to Z axis (assuming single Z axis driver) and change a first print line g code e commands to Z (extrude) and run the commands manually via slicer, extrusion most likely will come out bad (unless you add the correct stepping in the g code) but you are checking functionality only, if your extruder works then the problem is in the driver, if still show same issues then you will have to disassemble the extruder to check for broken or deform pieces.

I know it sound weird but dealing with proprietary hardware and software is a pain.
October 10, 2016 10:23PM

the idler wheel was a bit loose so I shimmed it and tighted it back up

If the idler lock itself with the shims it will cause all the problems you are facing.

Let me know if you find the problem.
October 11, 2016 07:01AM
Thanks for the info I removed the shims to see what happens. The extruder will push a little out then stop its odd cuz it seems to push when going from the left to the right back by the home corner and when it hits to far away it stops until it reaches the home corner again. I tryed to print a large square just to see what would happen. I checks all the connections and wiggled the wires to see if I could get it to extrude out in a different area no luck. This also made me think that the extruder was dirty so I removed it throughly cleaned the nozzle shined a light through it couldn't see any obstructions. When the extruder stops I can see that the drive shaft jogs back and fourth.

As far as checking for a different driver I'm not sure how to change that the printer will only read in one USB port and I'm not sure if there is a different one on the printer not sure where to look either. I'm sorry for the lack of knowledge on this. I have tried to print a file that is saved on the printer and that would not print either. Could the video card glitch that happen mess up the repetier host on the printer or is that not possible. Thanks for the help hope I gave the right information.
October 11, 2016 07:59AM
With driver I meant stepper driver in the printer main board. It's a good idea to reinstall the software and probably even the firmware in the printer if you have it available, that way you eliminate possible causes.
October 11, 2016 10:33PM
Ok cool thanks for the info I think I have all of this stuff I'll give it a shot tomorrow and update this with what happens.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login