Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Improve bridge / printing quality

Posted by lezabour 
Improve bridge / printing quality
September 28, 2016 02:34PM
Hi,

I have a Geeetech Prusa i3 Pro C (dual extruder) + Host Repeatier + Slicer. I'm pretty new (2 months that i have a printer)

I managed to solve almost all my problem and improve a lot the printing quality, but i still have a lot of difficulties with bridging

All the bridge elements are never straight, always bending which cause bad quality printing;

I have try to change the bridge speed (actually 10mm/s, tryed different speed ), and bridge flow (actualy 0.5, tryed 1, 0.9, and 0.8)
I really don't know what to do to improve the quality and be able to print a whole object correctly

I put some images coming from the bridge calibration test i found on thingiverse, this is the best i manage to have with flow 0.5 and speed 10mm for bridge

Any tips would be welcome

thanks a lot
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_3338.JPG (135.7 KB)
open | download - IMG_3339.JPG (257.4 KB)
open | download - IMG_3334.JPG (499.7 KB)
open | download - IMG_3335.JPG (539.3 KB)
open | download - IMG_3340.JPG (220.4 KB)
Re: Improve bridge / printing quality
September 28, 2016 10:20PM
Looks like ABS right? What size nozzle are you using? Those layers look quite thick....

For bringing you need to go way faster than 10 mm/sec, more in the 40 to 60 mm per sec with low temperatures, as you are going so slow and looking like on the top side temperature for the material the extruded material have no where to go but down.
September 29, 2016 10:44AM
Ok, i tryed with faster printing, 40mm/s, 50 and 60
it's always worth ;( best result was with the 10mm/s

any other idea?

thanks for help
September 29, 2016 05:23PM
Print support structures to support long bridges.
September 29, 2016 07:35PM
Even with ABS, with such long bridge it might be a good idea to use a cooling fan to cool as fast as possible the unsupported part.
October 05, 2016 06:26PM
When somebody with more experience shares knowledge with you, and you answer back "any other idea?" Do you think people will feel like helping you???? If you know that much and dont want to hear from the ones with more experience... what are you doing here. With only 2 months of printing and not being able to print a brindge you shluld hear more carefully.

10mm/s for a bridge is a joke. You need between 40 and 70 mm/s. My set up is 50mm/s withh 100% cooling for pla, and 65 mm/s without cooling for ABS. And regarding extrusion mult for bridges... experimetn yourself winking smiley
With these setting I can print 15 cms long bridges smiling smiley with no supports
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login