Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

need help calibrating -- can someone look at my cube? smiling smiley

Posted by jaywalk101 
need help calibrating -- can someone look at my cube? smiling smiley
September 27, 2016 12:46PM
As the title stats. I'm having issues with print quality with my test calibration cube. I have verified cura settings and everything looks good. By looking at the images of my cube, do you think its an extrusion issue (under/over), loose belts, or unlevel bed? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_4551.JPG (212.1 KB)
open | download - IMG_4552.JPG (254 KB)
open | download - IMG_4553.JPG (224.8 KB)
open | download - IMG_4554.JPG (227.5 KB)
Re: need help calibrating -- can someone look at my cube? smiling smiley
September 27, 2016 12:57PM
looks like heavy over extrusion recalibrate the esteps on your extruder
September 27, 2016 01:13PM
Thanks for the reply! I think I might know what's wrong. I believe I have a 1/16 stepping driver on the E0 input instead of a 1/32 driver which I bet is what it's programmed for. I hope that's what my problem is.. If so, it will be an easy fix. Thanks!
September 27, 2016 05:00PM
Looks like you're on the right path. Did you see the calibration guide at [reprap.org] ? It's a pretty good resource for getting the printer setup.
September 28, 2016 05:04PM
just to update--- that was my problem.. i was setup for 1/32 stepping and had a a4988 driver in the socket.. printed another cube last night and it's a lot better.. now I just need to calibrate it... i was about .50mm off on one of the axis..... but that's another issue... smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login