Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SLIc3r too much infill for single infill objects

Posted by athul 
SLIc3r too much infill for single infill objects
September 24, 2016 03:56AM
Hi,

Whenever I try to print models with only single line infill , infill is extruded more and causes nozzle to drag on previous layer. Not a problem on models with more than single line of infill , like a 20 mm cube, and I get good results with 100% infill(no over extrsuion).

I have calibrated my extruder by printing a single layered cube(using spiral vase feature), I put 0.5mm in as extrusion width in advanced settings and calculated extrusion multiplier as 0.94.

Currently I'm printing with with default extrusion width.

; generated by Slic3r 1.2.9 on 2016-09-24 at 00:10:24

; external perimeters extrusion width = 0.40mm
; perimeters extrusion width = 0.67mm
; infill extrusion width = 0.67mm
; solid infill extrusion width = 0.67mm
; top infill extrusion width = 0.67mm
; support material extrusion width = 0.40mm

how can I solve this.?
Am I still over extruding??

Thankyou

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2016 04:50AM by athul.
Re: SLIc3r too much infill for single infill objects
September 24, 2016 06:36AM
It looks like the whole thing is over-extruded to me.

What size nozzle are you using? 0.67 mm line width seems a little too wide for a 0.4 mm nozzle to me.

When you calibrated what filament diameter did you tell the slicer? Where did that number come from?

Try printing an object with 95% infill and tweak the extrusion until you can just start to see gaps between the fill lines.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
September 24, 2016 11:55AM
Slic3r 1.29 over extrudes on gap filling. 1.30-dev has fixed that problem.
September 26, 2016 03:54AM
; generated by Slic3r 1.2.9 on 2016-09-25 at 23:59:00

; external perimeters extrusion width = 0.40mm
; perimeters extrusion width = 0.67mm
; infill extrusion width = 0.67mm
; solid infill extrusion width = 0.67mm
; top infill extrusion width = 0.67mm
; support material extrusion width = 0.40mm

stephenrc
Slic3r 1.29 over extrudes on gap filling. 1.30-dev has fixed that problem.

Gap filling, is it same as infill, or is it the single infill like in my model(thin walled models),
silc3r

Can anyone give me the stable 1.2.7 version, I tried the experimental ersion from slc3r website, it solved the problem with gap fill, but machine stoppd in the midddle of print showing some communication erorr

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2016 04:55AM by athul.
September 26, 2016 11:59AM
the_digital_dentist
What size nozzle are you using? 0.67 mm line width seems a little too wide for a 0.4 mm nozzle to me.

I'm curious about this myself. I've used Slic3r for years with a .4 nozzle. I've never touched extrusion width and it's also .67 for me. It's automatically setting that on it's own so I figure there's some type of math involved based off of some assumption. I see people comment similar to Dentist and I wonder if .67 isn't a sane value for that size nozzle. What might be more sane, and how do we arrive at that value?

Edit: A little research and I found the flow math Slic3r flow math
It's not too detailed, sounds at least the external perimeters are sane.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2016 12:10PM by FA-MAS.
September 27, 2016 02:13AM
FA-MAS
the_digital_dentist

I'm curious about this myself. I've used Slic3r for years with a .4 nozzle. I've never touched extrusion width and it's also .67 for me. It's automatically setting that on it's own so I figure there's some type of math involved based off of some assumption. I see people comment similar to Dentist and I wonder if .67 isn't a sane value for that size nozzle. What might be more sane, and how do we arrive at that value?

Edit: A little research and I found the flow math Slic3r flow math
It's not too detailed, sounds at least the external perimeters are sane.

I think 0.67 is okay, if you use 0.5 mm nozzle, extrusion widths would be around 0.85(i think). If your extruder is calibrated correctly, it won't be a problem. In my case it was the issue with slic3r 1.2.9. As said by @stephenrc it over extrudes. 1.2.7 has no such problem.
October 05, 2016 05:49PM
This is a know issue with slic3r 1.2.9. To solve this, set gap fill speed to 0. Or get the 1.3.0 DEV version (is more stable than 1.2.9 actually)
regarding 0.67 extrusions. Well, for a 0.4 noozle, the max extrusion width is 0.68 because of 0.4 X 1.7. This formule give what is calculated to be the necesary amount of extruded plastic with a given speed that minimize lateral forces when being extruded / pushed,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2016 06:15PM by Tinchus.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login