Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Duet causing issues

Posted by TBK2016 
New Duet causing issues
September 20, 2016 04:46PM
Hello all, hope someone can help me as I'm completely new to the Duet board.

Just finished installing the new board and followed the RepRap Wiki to calibrate it but am having some quirky issues with printing.

1) after i finished a print or if i stop it half way i want to return the print head back to X-home, however as it travels to the end stop the sensor passes over the edge of the print bed and recognises it as the end stop! it only returns back home properly if i move the sensor over empty space before i press X-home.

Surely this can't be right?

2) it can't seem to print round stuff very well any more. The old Melzi board had no issues, but when Duet tries it, the motors seem to stutter and upon closer inspectio only one motor moves at a time. Verry odd behaviour.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Cheers!
Re: New Duet causing issues
September 20, 2016 10:55PM
What sensor are you using? Usually the edge of the bed is 0, check the printer minimum x setting. It may have an offset.

You may need to increase the stepper current. The config.g supplied with the duet usually has all of them set to 800 ma.
September 21, 2016 08:16AM
Thanks Stephen, I'll check the x setting and the stepper currents.

The sensor itself is this: [reprappro.com]
Bought the modulated proximity sensor directly from RepRap when they were still trading.
September 21, 2016 06:01PM
On the sensor triggering on the bed edge, raise z some before homing. That move can be put in the slicer's end code. For when you cancel a print, create a cancel.g in sys and put in a gcode to raise the z up high enough to keep it from triggering on the bed edge.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login