Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First layer printing too "deep"

Posted by Andres_Mikkelson 
First layer printing too "deep"
August 27, 2016 06:36PM
Well I'm not really sure why is this happening, but after running autocalibration on my kossel and executnig a print, the effector sinks all the way down to bed not leaving enough space for first layer (or two) to push the plastic out.
I have placed 200g paper sheet on the platform while calibrating and autocalibrating to get some space but nothing significant happens.
Any ideas?
Is there something that I can do in EEPROM to change the max/min z axis?

Thanks!
Re: First layer printing too "deep"
August 28, 2016 03:42PM
I'm not familiar with delta printers but you can do several things if you have eeprom enabled and a lcd display. First you can adjust your z offset via display or firmware (don't forget to save the changes), second you can use m500 after the ABL function in the start g code to be sure eeprom will use the new values instead of old ones (not sure if i'm correct here, but I read about it long time ago and have it implemented in my g code ever since), and third you can adjust your printer Z offset as it prints via display or g code and then save the changes.
Re: First layer printing too "deep"
September 02, 2016 08:47AM
If you can use Matter Control you can try baby stepping, raise the head till it starts printing right, i love it, changes everything, no need to print from SD anymore.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login