Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prints have curved and straight edges

Posted by Kjcompton 
Prints have curved and straight edges
August 25, 2016 04:27PM
Hey RepRap Community,

My Prusa i3 is printing askew. On larger prints this is painfully obvious. Circle print as ovals. I printed a square to show in the image provided. Basically I have two corners that print curved which is correct in the g code, but the other two corners print at a sharp 90 degree turn. When the slicer shows the preview of the g code all corners are curved. How do I fix this issue? Where do I fix this in the firmware?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks You!
Attachments:
open | download - 20160825_130041.jpg (260.9 KB)
Re: Prints have curved and straight edges
August 25, 2016 04:31PM
Are your belts tight?
August 25, 2016 04:38PM
The belts are as tight as I could get them.
August 25, 2016 04:56PM
It doesn't look like your starting height is correct. On the part you say is correct, looks more like the filament cross over itself in the picture meaning its not adhering to the bed which is usually because your starting height is too far from the bed.

The blobs could also be over extrusions, as that surface looks highly suspect and squished.
August 25, 2016 05:38PM
Thank you for the suggestions PDBeal. I can definitely make these adjustments to the height and the extrusion rate. I see that cross over too. Any idea why the weird half curve/ half pointed shape?
August 25, 2016 07:26PM
If your first layer isn't sticking, the filament will cut corners and do weird things. You'll have to reprint it once you get a better first layer to see what else might be going wrong.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login