Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stops printing and takes the filament out

Posted by s3rkan 
Stops printing and takes the filament out
August 23, 2016 06:41PM
Hi everyone. I have been searching for a solution to my problem for a couple of months and never faced a topic for it. So here is my problem; In the middle of the printing process (stopping time changes everytime) my h-bot - marlin based 3d printer stops printing, takes out the filament all for 10-20 secs and then takes in it again for 10-20secs and continues to printing. But in this condition, printed object was ruined so I have to start it all over. This problem often occurs when I am printing with SD card. But last week, I faced with the same problem when I was printing with USB. I have tried all possibilities I have. Sliced with slicer, cura and simplify3d. Here is a short video of it:

https://youtu.be/EEmieHIpCh4

Any idea please?
Re: Stops printing and takes the filament out
August 23, 2016 07:44PM
1- The slicers are all making bad gcode (unlikely) Check by reading the gcode to see if anything looks wrong where it goes wrong.
2- Electrical interference, bad usb cable, cables are too long or routed badly for the lcd, flakey sd card. For the usb, try another cable or a different usb port on the computer. One pc that I have, the MEGA won't program with USB3, but the USB2 ports work fine. For the LCD re-route the cables or make them shorter. Cables longer than 10" can cause problems if they're not shielded. For the sd card, do a fresh format or try a different one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login