Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printer suddenly stopping and Repetier freezingconfused smiley

Posted by AlpacaSammich 
Printer suddenly stopping and Repetier freezingconfused smiley
August 23, 2016 12:11AM
Ok, so here I am again with another problem that I have not been able to fix through my usual troubleshooting and I need some opinions.

I have this printer here, the RP9V2. It was working fine and well around May until my laptop fried and I had to get some money together to build my new PC, now my PC is set up and I installed Repetier Host as before. It connects fine and the print starts but after about layer 3 it will suddenly just stop in its tracks and repetier will be frozen in place, I can push buttons and give commands but they just pile up and it says "XX commands waiting". Then the program will not close or disconnect without opening the task manager and killing it.

One thing I did note: My Y stepper was warm to the touch about a minute after my last failed attempt. My steppers never get hot and only ever get a little warm after very long prints.

I don't know what could have changed while it was sitting on my desk for a few months untouched, I've checked the connections and they are all fine. Could it be my new build? I am dual booting for the first time using Linux Mint and Windows if that could have anything to do with it, I'm a little new to dual booting and Linux but I'm running my printer on Windows 7.

I'm very lost, and with school starting and moving into my dorm in two days everything is hectic. I really hope I can get this solved soon. Any help will be greatly appreciated! smiling bouncing smiley
Re: Printer suddenly stopping and Repetier freezingconfused smiley
September 07, 2016 01:09PM
I had a similar issue, i found the solution in some post (i can't remember which). You should check for other devices, specially when they turn on or off (like soldering irons, vacuum cleaners, heaters, etc). In my case the freezing happened each time that I turned off a light in the room. I think you should explore this as an option.
Re: Printer suddenly stopping and Repetier freezingconfused smiley
September 07, 2016 02:34PM
I had this issue twice, once the solution was moving my halogen light to another outlet, as turning it on caused the freeze the other was caused by my stepper drivers overheating. Some people build active cooling fan mounts for their arduinos board but i simply reduced the voltage they were supplying therefore making them run cooler.

would explain " My Y stepper was warm to the touch about a minute after my last failed attempt"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2016 02:34PM by DaGameFace.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login